Why don't these CA's validate ?

NYMatt

Probably because they can't. Citi CC got charged off. First it went to GC Card Services LP.Sent them a DV letter.Got nothing back.Then it went to United Collectons Bureau.Sent them a DV letter.Got nothing back.

Got a dunning letter today from Cohen and Slamowitz LLP.I'll be sending them a timely DV too.The longer the chain of custody the better off I am.

CA's don't validate because there is usually little if any "return" for them for the time, effort and expanse spent in doing so.

CA's can only truly make money by collecting money quickly and easily - if they can't do that then there is very little advantage, if any, for them to expend any effort in validating...they simply move on to the next phone number on their screen.

Of course, the larger the debt, the more likely they'll expend the effort because the potential reward if high enough to be worth it.

There is that 30 day window, and I imagine that many CA's are aware of how those in Texas can DV at anything, because it seem to be a unique thing, but in other cases the CAs know that most of the time are not bound to by law. The OC letter my work better in this case. Please don't tell me its just a letter to the OC. We all should know that CAs are DFs. That letter using FCRA 623 applies to DFs.

If my cat were a DF it would apply to him too!

it's the "dispute with original creditors" process, illistrated in the link at the top of the page. Named a 623 letter becuase it's disputing with the data furnisher in acccordance with FCRA Section 623.

Basically, if you modify it to suit your situation, you can use it quite successfully against a CA. Actually, it can be used for ANYONE who reports on your CRs. Just remember - in order for it to be effective - you have to DISPUTE with the CRAs, and have the TL come back "verified". Once that happens, then you can go and dispute the accuracy of that TL directly with the data furnisher (CA, OC, whomever).

And the really cool thing - they have 30 days to get back to you, same as if they're responding to a CRA dispute. None of the "never responded to me" crap that can happen with a DV.