Score Increase after year with cc?

Just a quick question: has anyone seen and increase on CA when their credit card hit a year old. The reason I am asking is I have 4 cards that will hit a year this May, June and July. Just wondering if I will see an increase with the little bit of age. I did see and increase at the 6 month time frame.

Just a quick question: has anyone seen and increase on CA when their credit card hit a year old. The reason I am asking is I have 4 cards that will hit a year this May, June and July. Just wondering if I will see an increase with the little bit of age. I did see and increase at the 6 month time frame.

To answer your question, yes. You receive the Fico bump perk at 6 months, 1 yr, and then 2 yrs.

By the way Jam, CA = Collection Agency and CRA= Credit Reporting Agency. ;)

To answer your question, yes. You receive the Fico bump perk at 6 months, 1 yr, and then 2 yrs.

By the way Jam, CA = Collection Agency and CRA= Credit Reporting Agency. ;)

So, I have hope that these will start going up again next month and the month after (most of my new accounts from my December/January spree)? Good, because they're all down from the highs about 20-40 points due to usage (which will also be down next month).

Geez, this thread is very disappointing to me. I thought that at least at six months one would see a pretty dramatic bump. Darthe's results are encouraging...but a whole year seems like quite a long time to suffer with new account "dings."

:-(

However, I am guessing how many other negatives you have at the time the new accounts start aging may have quite an impact, too. Luckily, as my accounts age, my derogatories are almost at zero and will be gone 100% by the time the app spree card are six months old.

Geez, this thread is very disappointing to me. I thought that at least at six months one would see a pretty dramatic bump. Darthe's results are encouraging...but a whole year seems like quite a long time to suffer with new account "dings."

:-(

However, I am guessing how many other negatives you have at the time the new accounts start aging may have quite an impact, too. Luckily, as my accounts age, my derogatories are almost at zero and will be gone 100% by the time the app spree card are six months old.

Actually, accounts aren't considered new anymore at 6 months so you get anywhere from a 4-7 point jump for each account at that time. This is good if you have a few accounts that are going to report at the same time. You get the same hike at a year also and so on. But you also get the gradual increases between that time as you consistently show that you are paying off your cards and keeping your utilization down.

So, here is the breakdown. You tend to get an increase when:

-You open a new account.

-Reach 6 months of age

-Consistently pay your cards on time.

-Keep utilization under 30% for each card

-Keep utilization undre 30% universally

-Reach 1 year of age

-Reach 2 years of age

Actually, accounts aren't considered new anymore at 6 months so you get anywhere from a 4-7 point jump for each account at that time. This is good if you have a few accounts that are going to report at the same time. You get the same hike at a year also and so on. But you also get the gradual increases between that time as you consistently show that you are paying off your cards and keeping your utilization down.

So, here is the breakdown. You tend to get an increase when:

-You open a new account.

-Reach 6 months of age

-Consistently pay your cards on time.

-Keep utilization under 30% for each card

-Keep utilization undre 30% universally

-Reach 1 year of age

-Reach 2 years of age

If what you say is true then I'm looking at quite a jump in the next two months. Even if it's just 4 points per account, I have 12 new accounts, so 48 points in the next couple of months...I'll take it!! I'm already seeing a bit of an increase as my usage goes down as my cards report this month. I've made serious payments on all my cards this month because my usage was around 36%. No more high usage, there's a big difference between how people see you when your scores are 603-694 vs. 628-721. (helluva a range, I know, thanks fricking EX).

I know the number jumps I listed work for scoring. Been strategically planning all my payments and balances for the last 4 months to get myself where my numbers are now. In just the last month my score jumped up 55pts because of all the factors that had been scored in.

It's funny but keeping track of Fico scores is almost like a game of chess. You gotta be careful with what moves you make and how many poor choice moves you can make before you get into trouble. With how I have everything factored for my CCs, I should be hitting 700+ for at least my EQ and EX reports by June. :D

Whoa. If that 4-7 points during the 6-month anniversary theory is true, there won't be an issue with me hitting the 700's by June. LOL.

Me too!! At least for TU and EQ (which has gone down under 700 due to utilization). I expect the answer to when I hit 700 on fricking EX is "when hell freezes over".