CRA Verified...did certified mail simultaneously ... got questions?

CreditCracker

Alright, I am desperately in need of help and fast. I did online disputes for 3 negative listings on my CR and 3 days later I received an email with the verdict. A late payment came back REMAINS, an account (NOT MINE) came back UPDATED, and the only collections account on my CR came back UPDATED as well. When I looked at my report nothing has changed to reflect an update on either of the supposedly updated negative listings; and the late payment is definitely the same. While waiting for the results of the online dispute (let me just backtrack real quick; a few months back, before this site, I filed an online dispute for the collection and it was verified) I went ahead and sent (certified mail) a request for investigation letter to the OC of the collection based account as well as a DV letter to the CA "assigned" to said debt. I also sent out (certified mail) a block listing format letter of all negative listings on my CR I am disputing with any documentation I had pertaining to the already verified disputes and to the newly requested disputes. Am I on the right track here? Did I fubar when I mailed the DV to the CA assigned? I am so nervous. I just wanna do the right thing and fix things. Please, any help is greatly accepted. Email me as frequently with as many suggestions or questions as you'd like as long as it helps me fix this. If I can be of any help in my experiences down this long road to credit repair, you can bet I will do everything I can to help others as well. Thanks in advance everyone.:confused:

Ok it's a little bit confusing what you wrote in your post. Now what you should have done is dispute with the CRA first THEN send a DV to the CA even if it was untimely. You would have been able to do the 1-2 punch if they verified with the CRA and not with you. Now if you send a letter to the OC, you need to send them a letter requesting an investigation of the account via the FCRA 623.

So if the CRAs already responded to the dispute and it is still in the 30 days of the DV, you may still be ok. Normally you want to wait for the results of one letter before sending out the next just to avoid confusion like this.

- My recommendation would be to GW the late payment on the account. You have a 50/50 chance of this working.

- Request an FCRA 623 on the account that is not yours.

- On the CA, send them a DV. If your dispute was done by mail with the CRAs, also request a MOV from them on the CA. Did you receive a DV response from these guys yet? I'm assuming that this account came back as verified by the CRAs.

Hope this helps. There have been different forms of letters people have used here with success to get problems like these rectified.