incomplete address in court papers is reason to vacate judgment??

ikto45

I found a judgment against me in court records. Looking to the documents I realized that my address was incomplete and some times the name of my aunt is also mentioned on the address. Since I never got any news of this action. Never got any kind of validation is OK to use this in a motion to vacate it?

I think the key to getting a default judgment vacated is claiming you were never served. So, the key is, is your address correct on the proof of service which was filed? If it is, it's not very helpful if your address is incorrect on other documents.

In general, the proof of service is the document to examine for defects or mistakes, and to attack.

DH

I found a judgment against me in court records. Looking to the documents I realized that my address was incomplete and some times the name of my aunt is also mentioned on the address. Since I never got any news of this action. Never got any kind of validation is OK to use this in a motion to vacate it?

How old is the judgement? Also, what does the file say about method of service? If you were not properly served then it may be grounds to vacate but you'd have to check FL statutes to see if there is a time limit for an MTV to be filed.