It just goes to show how quirky Some of these C/C companies are. I recently bought a new house (Yeah me) I Called Hooters to change my billing address.

BTW I Have had Hooters since December with a $750 limit. I use it very rarely making just above Minimum payments before they are due. I have never PIF and have always had a balance. After speaking with the CSR she asked me If I needed anything else I said, Playing dumb.."How do CLI's work? Are they done periodically or do we have to request them"? She says she could check for me. I asked if they pull a Hard inquiry, She told me only if the computer asks for additional info. I said OK. She said I will enter your info into the CLI data base.... about 20 seconds later she says congratulations you qualify for a $1250 increase. No inquiry no additional info needed. 30 min later I logged on to my account the CLI was there. I have heard so many terrible stories. I guess it depends on the day and person you get. BTW she was extrtemely friendly.

...It's hit or miss these days!!

It just goes to show how quirky Some of these C/C companies are. I recently bought a new house (Yeah me) I Called Hooters to change my billing address.

BTW I Have had Hooters since December with a $750 limit. I use it very rarely making just above Minimum payments before they are due. I have never PIF and have always had a balance. After speaking with the CSR she asked me If I needed anything else I said, Playing dumb.."How do CLI's work? Are they done periodically or do we have to request them"? She says she could check for me. I asked if they pull a Hard inquiry, She told me only if the computer asks for additional info. I said OK. She said I will enter your info into the CLI data base.... about 20 seconds later she says congratulations you qualify for a $1250 increase. No inquiry no additional info needed. 30 min later I logged on to my account the CLI was there. I have heard so many terrible stories. I guess it depends on the day and person you get. BTW she was extrtemely friendly.

...It's hit or miss these days!!

They are friendly. I asked the same question, but I just got the card. She told me after 6 months is a good time to ask.

I just got another automatic increase on my Hooter's card... Started at 1000, went to 1200 a few months ago, and then to 1500 this month. I haven't had the card a year yet, almost.. I will hit 12 months with this card in June/July.

Hey, that is confirmation that Experian is the Devil. We should call them up and ask them ban that particular fico score for religious reasons 8-)

lol, first thing i noticed. Funny thing is, I tried to temporarily remove EX's security freeze today to let a lender pull, and they want to CHARGE me to do it. Screw that, i'll let em rot. I'm finding that a lot of lenders will negotiate which CRA to pull if you push the issue.

I've had it 7 months now, just got my bill via email too, so it's 7th billing period that it shows up. So we can surely say that the Hooters card does give an automatic CLI after 6 months.

Well I guess I'll know on the 4th for Hoots. I never did get a CLI with Seamiles and it's definitely been 7 statements already. Even my transrisk score went up 40 points and nada. Left a reportable balance of $80 this time just to cover bases and still nada. PIF'd the day after the statement.

• 2 weeks later...
I logged on today and saw I had been given another bump, up to $1800 CL now. It was just increased to $1400 back in Jan I think; looks like CLI's every 4 months.

Congrats, Stefdr!

I've had the card for going on 7 months and I've not received any CLI's. Still at the same measly $1,000 I was approved with and the same outrageous APR. I'm firing them in October if they don't start showing me any love.

I applied for a Hooters Card and I got the "we will contact you in 7-10 days" What does this mean? I noticed they did a hard pull yesterday. Does it mean they declined me? Should I call?

You can definitely do that. Many people do. The 7-10 day response seems to be standard with them...I received it, called and was approved. Good luck!

Congrats, Stefdr!

I've had the card for going on 7 months and I've not received any CLI's. Still at the same measly $1,000 I was approved with and the same outrageous APR. I'm firing them in October if they don't start showing me any love.

Hey LB don't feel bad, I've had mine at $1100 since opening in March 2007, and still no CLI love! (of course I did carried high balances on it during maternity leave), but I have never been late or anything like that. 8]