Experian Fails to Send Free Annual Credit Report

So I requested hard copies of my 3 free yearly credit reports from the Central Source via the their official phone line on March 31st, and of course TU and EQ ponied up their reports in a few days. Experian, however, has failed to produce their copy to date.

In the past, when filing disputes with Experian via mail, I've been forced to provide a copy of my drivers license and a current insurance statement to verify my identity. Could this have anything to do with their failure to comply with FACTA? The Central Source (annualcreditreport.com) is a proxy company controlled by the big 3, but I have no idea how to force Experian to comply with the Act.

Anyone had a similar experience? Who should I contact about getting my rightful free report from these snakes? Should I contact EX directly with my usual identity verification? Should I file a complaint with the FTC?

I recently had an OC send me a signed document stating they would change specific info on my Experian report, but judging by my past experiences with Experian......I have very little hope that the bastards actually changed the info regardless of what the OC sent them. Any help, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated.

So I requested hard copies of my 3 free yearly credit reports from the Central Source via the their official phone line on March 31st, and of course TU and EQ ponied up their reports in a few days. Experian, however, has failed to produce their copy to date.

In the past, when filing disputes with Experian via mail, I've been forced to provide a copy of my drivers license and a current insurance statement to verify my identity. Could this have anything to do with their failure to comply with FACTA? The Central Source (annualcreditreport.com) is a proxy company controlled by the big 3, but I have no idea how to force Experian to comply with the Act.

Anyone had a similar experience? Who should I contact about getting my rightful free report from these snakes? Should I contact EX directly with my usual identity verification? Should I file a complaint with the FTC?

I recently had an OC send me a signed document stating they would change specific info on my Experian report, but judging by my past experiences with Experian......I have very little hope that the bastards actually changed the info regardless of what the OC sent them. Any help, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is an easier way to get a credit report everyday from them and updated to the minute. Since you have disputed by mail with them before, you should have an old EX laying around somewhere.

- First get the Report number from one of your old EX reports.

- Go to the Experian website and click on the Disputes link which is near the bottom of the page.

- On the Disputes page, go to the section that says "Request a Dispute Online" and look under "Have a credit report with a report number?" Click on the underlined link that says click here to request a dispute online.

- Now enter the old Report Number and other identifying information.

- Click in the 3 boxes to checkmark all the "Terms and Conditions" then click on "Submit"

Voila!! You now have a current EX report. This is called the backdoor method for obtaining a free report from them every single time. You can use ANY Report number from your previous EX reports, this won't screw anything up and you don't have to send in the online dispute at all. Just print your report and you're done.

Here is an easier way to get a credit report everyday from them and updated to the minute. Since you have disputed by mail with them before, you should have an old EX laying around somewhere.

- First get the Report number from one of your old EX reports.

- Go to the Experian website and click on the Disputes link which is near the bottom of the page.

- On the Disputes page, go to the section that says "Request a Dispute Online" and look under "Have a credit report with a report number?" Click on the underlined link that says click here to request a dispute online.

- Now enter the old Report Number and other identifying information.

- Click in the 3 boxes to checkmark all the "Terms and Conditions" then click on "Submit"

Voila!! You now have a current EX report. This is called the backdoor method for obtaining a free report from them every single time. You can use ANY Report number from your previous EX reports, this won't screw anything up and you don't have to send in the online dispute at all. Just print your report and you're done.

it works...just please dont abuse it, dont want that getting shut down for the rest of us.

it works...just please dont abuse it, dont want that getting shut down for the rest of us.

I can tell you, there is no way of this getting shut down anytime soon since they are now trying to get people to do JUST online disputes.