CA responds to OC investigation with partial payment history

Jason

CA responds to OC investigation with partial payment history.

I would like the full payment history. The reason is EX states on my credit report "This information is generally removed seven years from the initial missed payment that led to delinquency."

I am thinking if I can prove the late payments started before the actual dates that are listed on my EX report. EX will remove the trade line earlier. I would prefer to have the negative TL removed. Massive lates. Over 10. Account closed and paid off about a year ago.

Just remember DOFD only stays in effect if the account is never brought current

That is another example of what I would call punished for good behavior. I ought to compile a list. If he makes a payment at all it will start the 7 year clock over! That sucks!

• Like 1

Just to make myself clear so everybody understands here is how it works.

You are late in Jan, Feb and March on your CC in April you make a payment that brings the account current ( this can be done by paying the past due amount or by an offer from the CC Company to say pay only $20.00 of the $100.00 that you are late on in return for bringing the account current.) then in May, June and July you are late again but make a partial payment in August your DOFD would be the end of may or 30 days past your last payment made.

Do we all understand this?

Yeah. Thanks Tiggers. Good example.

What if the account is closed. How much history needs to show on your credit report? Two years?

Back to my original post...does the OC need to send complete payment history when you send the OC an investgation letter? They only sent partial history.

That is another example of what I would call punished for good behavior. I ought to compile a list. If he makes a payment at all it will start the 7 year clock over! That sucks!

Joseph -

No it will not. The clock is from the DOFD. If I default on a 1K debt, and pay back 50 bucks 6 months later, my DOFD has not changed - thus - the 7 yr clock has not changed either!

Yeah. Thanks Tiggers. Good example.

What if the account is closed. How much history needs to show on your credit report? Two years?

Back to my original post...does the OC need to send complete payment history when you send the OC an investgation letter? They only sent partial history.

I would think that if you requested the complete payment history, then yeah they would. But I think "they would have to" is really meant as "if you sue them for not doing it then a judge may agree with you, but may not". Did you ask for complete payment history? If so, did you give a reason?

Joseph -

No it will not. The clock is from the DOFD. If I default on a 1K debt, and pay back 50 bucks 6 months later, my DOFD has not changed - thus - the 7 yr clock has not changed either!

I missed that statement but you are correct.

Only 1 way it might reset is if the creditor says that if you pay $50.00 we will consider the account up to date which happens from time to time.

MBNA got me with that one.

They are only required to investigate and inform you of the results. That's it.

-r