AboveAverage

CA showing up on my report after I DVed!!!

Glad you found a NACA Lawyer to take your case.

Like Ctjx said Let them hang themselves and hopefully make more FCRA violations.

Hi all.

Just wanted to let you know that this issue is resolved. Normally, I would state everything, but I can't. If you read everything in this thread, you'll know why. But pretty much I can say that I did everything I set out to do in this thread and an attorney definitely helps get things along quickly. This was done against a very popular JDB, and like a 27 offsuit hand in Texas Holdem, they folded quite nicely when I used pocket Aces.

All I can say is don't take things lying down. I had to go with an attorney because I have way too much things going on right now. I was not interested in the potential monetary rewards for the FDCPA violation though I can say in that regard it worked out well. But to summarize in a nutshell....

1) Received dunning letter.

2) Sent Debt Verification Letter.

3) Got item on my credit report.

4) Spoke to NACA lawyers found from www.naca.net.

5) Sent another DV after they requested more information (NEVER VOLUNTEER ANYTHING to a JDB! EVER!!! They are not interested in helping you, they are interested in getting paid in 1000% profit from your alleged debt)

6) Sent one more letter intending to sue.

7) Lawyer filed suit.

8) This is where I shut up now. All I can say is that it worked out well.

Could I have done this myself? Possibly. Did I have the time to do this? No. I hope this thread can help someone else who is going through something similar.

Actually, if they reported the TL as "in dispute" to the CRAs, then it probably isn't a violation of the FDCPA. You might be able to argue the "timing" of events constitutes "continued collection" (i.e, they dunned, you dv'd, they reported in dispute)...but...since that's what supposed to happen when you DV, I think you'd have a hard time convincing a judge.

However...realize that CAs don't buy debts. Junk debt buyers buy debts. If you're sure that the OC sold it (is the OC's TL marked "sold to another lender" and their balance is $0?), and the people reporting now are really a JDB...then just sit back and wait. If they have proof, you'll be hearing from them again. (Personally, I would never hand money over to a JDB unless ordered to by a court).

Willing, I thought that once consumer does timely DV CA has to cease all collection activity, isn't reporting a TL after the fact constitute collection activity?

Willing, I thought that once consumer does timely DV CA has to cease all collection activity, isn't reporting a TL after the fact constitute collection activity?

In a nutshelll, yes, you are correct. That was my argument from the very beginning and my attorney concurred with this as well.

did you get an agreement that this is settled...

otherwise

they sell this to some other JDB

and you will have to go thru this all over again..

did you get an agreement that this is settled...

otherwise

they sell this to some other JDB

and you will have to go thru this all over again..

Ok, I think I figured out how to answer this without answering it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There isn't a lawyer on Earth that can I did something wrong in this post.

That was the first thing that was covered and needed to be in "whatever"

I'd take a guess that the JDB's name starts with A and ends in I, oh and possibly has an FN in the middle. Sounds like their typical BS. I have an appointment with a lawyer this week. Had to get some paperwork together.

I'd take a guess that the JDB's name starts with A and ends in I, oh and possibly has an FN in the middle. Sounds like their typical BS. I have an appointment with a lawyer this week. Had to get some paperwork together.

Take it from me, they must be all like that. Especially if what you're saying about AFNI is true.

Good luck in your pursuit. If your ducks are lined up in a row, you should see the same result. If the lawyer wants to see paperwork, that must be a good sign. Make sure the guy is on contingency (nothing out of pocket comes from you) and that it is on the retainer you sign (you will probably have an FCRA and a FCDPA retainer).

How did I miss this thread? I was out of town in early July.

So in reference to your thread of today, was it JDB1 that you sued and beat?

It seems to me you send copies of your settlement papers to the CRAs or get this NACA attorney back on their asses.

How did I miss this thread? I was out of town in early July.

So in reference to your thread of today, was it JDB1 that you sued and beat?

It seems to me you send copies of your settlement papers to the CRAs or get this NACA attorney back on their asses.

No...this JDB in this thread is JDB2. OC is saying that the JDB they initially sold the paper to is the one responsible. But the OC is the one that is reporting.

The lawyer I had for JDB2 is good...but for this I would do pro se. I believe I have something for this response, but I just can't think of what it is.