I would go do this if i thought it would work. Who do they pull?

Anyone get a card this way yet? Curious what scores.

They usually pull EQ, but I have had then pull TU. When I called them and asked why, they told me if EQ doesn't respond quickly enough they go with TU.

It really all depends on where you live. People have had EQ pulled, others TU. And scores...I guess it depends on what mood the computer is in. I've seen people denied with high 500s - low 600s, and yet my DH who didn't have many positive trade lines, many COs and CAs on his EQ with a score of 504 got approved instantly in the store last June. Go figure.

YMMV.

When they declined my app they told me I had to many recent inquiries, and then when I went into the store, they approved.

i'm going to try it in a week or so. i've had a 'preapproval' (receipt) from target before after paying w/a CC, but never when i've paid cash or debit. however, i was discouraged when i took the 'preapproval' (receipt) and applied online (@ the store's recommendation b/c they said i'd have a 'better chance' applying online) and got rejected. idk what my scores were @ that time, but my EQ is in the high 500s now and i was recently rejected by target. my last baddies are from 2003-2006. perhaps it was the fact i used a cell phone (new #) and new employer (though i've been w/them for 1 yr, they don't show on my reports)? maybe it was b/c my utilization (report wise, not reality wise) was somewhat high? i've added some new TLs recently (BA 99/500 and cap 1 300) and my utilization should be much lower (roughly 1-9%) the next time my reports update, so i'm going to try to recon target and see if they finally show me some love. kind of frustrating as target's the only store card i'd remotely have use for and right now, all my TLs are 'regular' ccs, so i'd like to 'diversify' my reports. i'm tempted to go the Crown Jewelers route, but am not fond of their products (i don't wear jewelry/can't think of a ton of people to buy it for).

When I called their customer service, they told me to apply in the center.

I think people fare better inside because they are able to deal with the identity process right away. Too many people see "needs further processing" when applying on the website and eventually assume they were denied. The website does a lousy job of providing instructions for followthrough, when it's actually very simple. Add to that the regular CS is terrible at giving the right info when you need to be asking for the fraud department to be verified. I think a lot of people have probably unnecessarily missed out on an opportunity.

I guess I misunderstood. I went today and after I swiped my card she said I could apply. I don't think this was the pre-approved offer. I got a 10 day notice. Wonder what that means. They did give me the pamphlet that says "welcome".

My son spent $60 cash and got the same request. I asked the cashier if they ask everyone and she said, yes.

I guess I was supposed to wait for the receipt? Well, I guess I will wait for the mail.

I guess I misunderstood. I went today and after I swiped my card she said I could apply. I don't think this was the pre-approved offer. I got a 10 day notice. Wonder what that means. They did give me the pamphlet that says "welcome".

My son spent $60 cash and got the same request. I asked the cashier if they ask everyone and she said, yes.

I guess I was supposed to wait for the receipt? Well, I guess I will wait for the mail.

I don't think it is a prapproval notice. They tell me the same thing, and I did not apply because I knew what my credit was like, but later I did once I figured I could get the card.

I think it just like when you walk to into a department store and they ask to want to apply for our killer card. It's the same thing. I think it is just part of their procedure, but I will not get dogmatic over this. Target could have been running a special for a limited time, but this would not be the norm.

i'm tempted to go the Crown Jewelers route, but am not fond of their products (i don't wear jewelry/can't think of a ton of people to buy it for).

You generally need to make one purchase with CJ to get the reporting started. Subsequent purchases may be necessary, but do something low like a $25-30 piece

Keep shopping. It isn't an automatic the first time you shop there. Some reported using the card frequently. the amount of the purchases varied.

If you are denied, keep shopping and wait for for the preapproval receipt.

Good luck

• Like 1
Hello everyone. I have came across some information that I thought may be helpful to those trying to get a Target card. I can not tell you how I got this info as it was not suppose to be announced. But for the next several weeks they will be offering a preapproval to anyone that purchases something. As long as they can verify your idenity you will be approved. I think that the purchase must be made with cash but I am not sure yet. I will let anyone who is interested know tomarrow when I get the rest of the details.

Bump

Anyone tried this?

I've been denied twice by Target. I will make a special trip if this works.

Bump

Anyone tried this?

I've been denied twice by Target. I will make a special trip if this works.

You mean a special trip to Target? That is how I got approved. They told me over the phone that you don't have to wait 30 days. If you get declined today and a baddie gets deleted tomorrow you can apply that day.

You mean a special trip to Target? That is how I got approved. They told me over the phone that you don't have to wait 30 days. If you get declined today and a baddie gets deleted tomorrow you can apply that day.

Of course they're going to tell you that, LTG. They want you to apply and they're going to tell you anything to get you to do so. There are some CC companies who frown upon too many applications in a short period of time - as to whether or not Target is one of those lenders, I'm not sure.

Is t possible to have 2 REDcards? I think they gave me 2 accounts. I applied online a week ago and got a "further prossessing" notice so I assumed I was denied. I got a pre-approval on my receipt yesterday and was approved in-store, I charged $13. to the account. Today, one day after getting approved in-store, I received a REDcard and it has a different account number and a $0 balance. It was mailed out 4/28, I was approved in-store yesterday.

Keep shopping. It isn't an automatic the first time you shop there. Some reported using the card frequently. the amount of the purchases varied.

If you are denied, keep shopping and wait for for the preapproval receipt.

Good luck

Ok, LOL...I went tonight and got the pre-approval. I guess I will wait on the results of my first app. I have read these threads so many times, but I can't remember..did anyone get denied with the pre-approval?

Oh, and if it helps, this time I used my debit as a CC. Usually there I use the debit function. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Ok, LOL...I went tonight and got the pre-approval. I guess I will wait on the results of my first app. I have read these threads so many times, but I can't remember..did anyone get denied with the pre-approval?

Oh, and if it helps, this time I used my debit as a CC. Usually there I use the debit function. Not sure if that makes a difference.

When I got approved in the store, I knew right there and then.

i was denied w/a preapproval, but i applied online (b/c that's what the cashier said to do for 'better approval chance'). recently applied online again and got denied. target doesn't seem to love me and idk why as my scores are higher than some who are getting approved :confused:

i was denied w/a preapproval, but i applied online (b/c that's what the cashier said to do for 'better approval chance'). recently applied online again and got denied. target doesn't seem to love me and idk why as my scores are higher than some who are getting approved :confused:

I thought I was the only one Target hated!!! Glad I'm not alone.......

Them and friggin ::Chasey:: won't give me any love...

Oh and Crapmart......

I thought I was the only one Target hated!!! Glad I'm not alone.......

Them and friggin ::Chasey:: won't give me any love...

Oh and Crapmart......

lol above, we can start a 'can't get no RED/hooters luv' club :) idk why target doesn't love me...i used to shop there a lot, never had a card w/them in the past so haven't burned them, utilization is low, ficos have risen (though they're lower than yours), etc. as for hooters, i recently apped, but got the 7-10 day letter, so i suspect i'll be rejected by the land of bouncing hooters :(

haven't tried chase b/c i'm not in the 600s fico wise yet (though i should be soon). haven't tried crapmart or any other store cc b/c i'm not a crapmart fan and honestly, i don't really shop @ stores much. however, my only + current TLs (i have some old closed + TLs like auto loans) on my reports are low limit ccs, so i wanted target/another store card to 'diversify' my reports. however, the target rejection (x2 argh) kind of bummed me out, so i'm not applying for anyone for at least 6 more mos. i thought of going the crown jewelers route in order to 'diversify' my reports/tradelines, but i hate their jewelry and probably wouldn't use the card enough to keep it active. plus, they've had 'security issues' online, so CJ just doesn't seem worth it.