lol above, we can start a 'can't get no RED/hooters luv' club :) idk why target doesn't love me...i used to shop there a lot, never had a card w/them in the past so haven't burned them, utilization is low, ficos have risen (though they're lower than yours), etc. as for hooters, i recently apped, but got the 7-10 day letter, so i suspect i'll be rejected by the land of bouncing hooters :(

haven't tried chase b/c i'm not in the 600s fico wise yet (though i should be soon). haven't tried crapmart or any other store cc b/c i'm not a crapmart fan and honestly, i don't really shop @ stores much. however, my only + current TLs (i have some old closed + TLs like auto loans) on my reports are low limit ccs, so i wanted target/another store card to 'diversify' my reports. however, the target rejection (x2 argh) kind of bummed me out, so i'm not applying for anyone for at least 6 more mos. i thought of going the crown jewelers route in order to 'diversify' my reports/tradelines, but i hate their jewelry and probably wouldn't use the card enough to keep it active. plus, they've had 'security issues' online, so CJ just doesn't seem worth it.

If you don't have CJ yet, then I would suggest not bothering. They only report to TU and EX and that's what's making my EQ so low....

I'll probably keep my CJ for awhile. If I get the "Sterling Trifecta", then CJ can go to heck.

BTW, I was recently denied for Chase....Bankcard balance too high compared to credit limit or time on file (that's what you get for messing with those small limit cards, I guess), Credit report shows too many recently opened accounts, Credit report shows recent delinquency or past due balances. (they mean my collections or possibly my repo who keep reporting every damn month.....my "new" credit has NEVER been delinquent. )

You got Macys though right? You can get some good stuff online from them and they are fairly priced.

i don't have macys...haven't applied for them. in april, i applied for cap 1 (got it- whoopee, $300 CL lol), BA (99/500), target (got rejected- past delinquencies), and hooters (got rejected- no reasons given). i just paid off my ccs, so am going to wait awhile before apping and hope my ficos increase some now that my available CL will jump a bit (1.2k to 2k...still pathetic *sigh*) and my utilization will go way down (<$100) w/5 of 6 ccs showing 0 balances. it had been about a year since i had applied for new credit and while i'm glad about the cap 1 (they seem like they'll grow w/CLIs) and BA (will grow w/CLIs), i'm a little bummed about the hooters and target rejections. going to need a car loan within the next few months, so i'm trying to up my ficos and keep my utilizations low. hopefully the dings from my recent app spree (4 cards- 2 yays and 2 rejections) will not hurt me too much- maybe the upping in available CL and lowering of utilization will make my ficos jump some?

i don't have macys...haven't applied for them. in april, i applied for cap 1 (got it- whoopee, $300 CL lol), BA (99/500), target (got rejected- past delinquencies), and hooters (got rejected- no reasons given). i just paid off my ccs, so am going to wait awhile before apping and hope my ficos increase some now that my available CL will jump a bit (1.2k to 2k...still pathetic *sigh*) and my utilization will go way down (<$100) w/5 of 6 ccs showing 0 balances. it had been about a year since i had applied for new credit and while i'm glad about the cap 1 (they seem like they'll grow w/CLIs) and BA (will grow w/CLIs), i'm a little bummed about the hooters and target rejections. going to need a car loan within the next few months, so i'm trying to up my ficos and keep my utilizations low. hopefully the dings from my recent app spree (4 cards- 2 yays and 2 rejections) will not hurt me too much- maybe the upping in available CL and lowering of utilization will make my ficos jump some?

Theoretically, you can get a car loan now...but you will be paying through the nose......I could afford the jack rate though but I'm not staying there for long. I was so happy that a real bank (HSBC) gave me a auto loan, and I believe it was because I have their credit card and they could see that I was always paying in full. C®ap One don't want to deal with me, but I think they might after a few months. If you're going to wait until you're 600 across the board, that will definitely help. But if you want an auto loan now, a scumbag dealer will try to work with you, as long as you're not coming out of bankruptcy. Your Ficos will go up, but it takes time.....you sound like you need to rebuild and repair, just like what I'm doing. Between the two, you should get to where you need to.

I am not coming out of bk- just trying to recover from bad financial choices when I was younger. Unfortunately, those choices (chargeoffs, lates, collections, etc...name it, i mucked it up...some were resolved by paying/did the best i could given the givens) ding you for 7+ years. didn't really start to rebuild cc wise until 2007 b/c i spent 7 years living w/o ccs to get my $ house in order. in hindsight (20/20 of course), i probably should've gotten the subprime ccs earlier, but given the severity of my past credit mistakes, i didn't really trust myself w/credit (plus i had more pressing 'life' stuff to deal w/for most of the past 7 yrs- death, medical problems, etc.) and wanted to make sure that before i got it again, i could handle $ responsibly, have some savings built up, etc.

My main baddy @ this point is an outstanding tax lien (2005)- working on resolving that but those are not easy to resolve and muck up your credit severely. I do not want to pay through the nose for an auto loan, so am waiting…but my car is 11 yrs old and starting to have some issues that may become more costly to repair than the car is worth. I bank w/BA, Cap1, and USAA, so I am hoping that my ‘relationship’ w/them will help me out when I need a car loan b/c I really do not want to pay some insane interest rate right now. i'm also thinking of combining my orchards into a HSBC cc and then being in a better position to get HSBC to give me a decent auto loan. however, for now, i'm trying to avoid taking on a new car loan for as long as possible (at least 6-12 months) so i can save up more for a down payment, build up ficos, etc.

My ficos should get a nice boost to the 600+ range once all of my ccs report 0 balance and my new ccs (cap 1 and ba) start to report. Not sure how much repairing I can do as my old baddies are ‘aged’- e.g., dropping off in 2010-2013 and most of the damage score wise has already been done. I have 2 paid off car loans w/some baddies (30-90 day lates), but those car loans are 6-8 yrs old and idk if a goodwill letter will do good or if it will cause the WHOLE car loan tls to fall off (I’ve read about that happening to others). Since I seem ‘stuck’ in terms of repairing, I am focusing on rebuilding…have 1+ yrs of ‘perfect’ history w/orchard and first premier (4 ccs total), just got the cap 1/ba, no lates/new baddies since 2006, PIF, utilization is low, etc. i figure in another 3-12 months, assuming all remains good credit wise for me (e.g., no new baddies, pif, low utilization, etc.), i should be able to get better cls and be in a better position to get an auto loan w/a decent rate.

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck and hope all goes well, friend. :)

What seems to be killing me is that my accounts haven't all aged yet but after a couple of months that should change. By the end of the year there should be significant improvement for the both of us.

I am not coming out of bk- just trying to recover from bad financial choices when I was younger. Unfortunately, those choices (chargeoffs, lates, collections, etc...name it, i mucked it up...some were resolved by paying/did the best i could given the givens) ding you for 7+ years. didn't really start to rebuild cc wise until 2007 b/c i spent 7 years living w/o ccs to get my $ house in order. in hindsight (20/20 of course), i probably should've gotten the subprime ccs earlier, but given the severity of my past credit mistakes, i didn't really trust myself w/credit (plus i had more pressing 'life' stuff to deal w/for most of the past 7 yrs- death, medical problems, etc.) and wanted to make sure that before i got it again, i could handle $ responsibly, have some savings built up, etc.

My main baddy @ this point is an outstanding tax lien (2005)- working on resolving that but those are not easy to resolve and muck up your credit severely. I do not want to pay through the nose for an auto loan, so am waiting…but my car is 11 yrs old and starting to have some issues that may become more costly to repair than the car is worth. I bank w/BA, Cap1, and USAA, so I am hoping that my ‘relationship’ w/them will help me out when I need a car loan b/c I really do not want to pay some insane interest rate right now. i'm also thinking of combining my orchards into a HSBC cc and then being in a better position to get HSBC to give me a decent auto loan. however, for now, i'm trying to avoid taking on a new car loan for as long as possible (at least 6-12 months) so i can save up more for a down payment, build up ficos, etc.

My ficos should get a nice boost to the 600+ range once all of my ccs report 0 balance and my new ccs (cap 1 and ba) start to report. Not sure how much repairing I can do as my old baddies are ‘aged’- e.g., dropping off in 2010-2013 and most of the damage score wise has already been done. I have 2 paid off car loans w/some baddies (30-90 day lates), but those car loans are 6-8 yrs old and idk if a goodwill letter will do good or if it will cause the WHOLE car loan tls to fall off (I’ve read about that happening to others). Since I seem ‘stuck’ in terms of repairing, I am focusing on rebuilding…have 1+ yrs of ‘perfect’ history w/orchard and first premier (4 ccs total), just got the cap 1/ba, no lates/new baddies since 2006, PIF, utilization is low, etc. i figure in another 3-12 months, assuming all remains good credit wise for me (e.g., no new baddies, pif, low utilization, etc.), i should be able to get better cls and be in a better position to get an auto loan w/a decent rate.

Sometimes time is your best ally in improving your scores. Your baddies get older and your good TLs show more positive payment history. I'm playing the waiting game now as well, waiting for some baddies to age off. In the past I've disputed some of them and my only result was that the date of last activity changed making them "look" newer to the FICO scoring model and crapping up my score. So, sitting around waiting for things to age off in May, June, July and August.

Okay, I officially have 2 Target REDcard's. Is it better to regularly use the card, or, is it better the keep a $0 balance in order to receive CLI's?

Two of the same cards in your name? Does this mean that they let you apply for a second one?

Sometimes time is your best ally in improving your scores. Your baddies get older and your good TLs show more positive payment history. I'm playing the waiting game now as well, waiting for some baddies to age off. In the past I've disputed some of them and my only result was that the date of last activity changed making them "look" newer to the FICO scoring model and crapping up my score. So, sitting around waiting for things to age off in May, June, July and August.

That happened to me with a CMI collection on Experian. It affected my credit score a lot. I was really surprised. It had said Collection as of March 2007, but when I disputed it, it then said Collection as of April 2008, and I think that killed my score.

The thing is I got it off of TU. I have no idea how, but it is still on EX & EQ.

i've got concerns about disputes being made to 'look' newer, so that's why i've cooled it on disputing. the bulk of the damage has been done w/my 'old' baddies that are coming off in 2010-2013, so idk what i could do to improve my fico that route, so i'm focusing on managing my current TLs well (PIF, no lates, low utilization,e tc.). i've thought of sending GW letters to my 2 + closed tls (car loans) to see if they'd get rid of the 30-90 day lates that show up, but i've heard that sometimes GW letters result in the whole TL being deleted, so i don't want to risk it. i've been 'baddie free' since 05, but i'm hindered by a tax lien (trying to resolve it, but the govt's far tougher than CAs) as tax liens supposedly ding you as bad as BKs. i'm only getting an auto loan (trying to delay as long as possible) b/c my car's 11 yo and hitting the pt where the next round of repairs (likely transmission, water pump, timing belt, etc.) will cost more than the car's worth. for now, i'm saving $, keeping cc debt low, and just waiting til my ficos move up, so hopefully when i NEED the car loan, i won't be paying 30% interest. i'm 'building relationships' w/BA, cap 1, and hsbc by having bank accts/ccs w/them, so hopefully when i need a car loan, these banks will cut me a break.

i've got concerns about disputes being made to 'look' newer, so that's why i've cooled it on disputing. the bulk of the damage has been done w/my 'old' baddies that are coming off in 2010-2013, so idk what i could do to improve my fico that route, so i'm focusing on managing my current TLs well (PIF, no lates, low utilization,e tc.). i've thought of sending GW letters to my 2 + closed tls (car loans) to see if they'd get rid of the 30-90 day lates that show up, but i've heard that sometimes GW letters result in the whole TL being deleted, so i don't want to risk it. i've been 'baddie free' since 05, but i'm hindered by a tax lien (trying to resolve it, but the govt's far tougher than CAs) as tax liens supposedly ding you as bad as BKs. i'm only getting an auto loan (trying to delay as long as possible) b/c my car's 11 yo and hitting the pt where the next round of repairs (likely transmission, water pump, timing belt, etc.) will cost more than the car's worth. for now, i'm saving $, keeping cc debt low, and just waiting til my ficos move up, so hopefully when i NEED the car loan, i won't be paying 30% interest. i'm 'building relationships' w/BA, cap 1, and hsbc by having bank accts/ccs w/them, so hopefully when i need a car loan, these banks will cut me a break.

Just a little tip. This is kind of difficult to read. Breaking it up into a couple of paragraphs makes it a little easier.

Yes, two $200 store cards in my name. I don't know if it was a fluke or not. Either way, I scored.

Boy, you lucked out on that one. Have you tried to look at each account online yet? I'm curious to see how they look if you haven't.

I registered online with the first account ($0 balance). The other one hasn't arrived and all I have is that last four digits on my temporary card from the store (about $60 balance). Those four digits do not work with the number on the back of the card, however The first account does. I'm also wondering if it is possible to add the second account online.

I got what I thought was a rejection letter from Target. When I opened it and read it, they said that because of my F/A they were unable to verify that I applied and told me to call them.

The letter stated that this was not negative and when I saw the Re: Target line there was a very familiar sequence of numbers that resembled a CC number.

My first thought was maybe they are in fact going to give me card.

I called them right away and told the guy that I got a letter stating they couldn't finish processing because of my F/A. After I verified my name, the guy said, listen, you ARE approved. I was like, "Really??" I was acting like I won the lottery because Target wasn't giving me any love. He said the card should come in 7-10 days.

I asked the obvious question, what is my CL? He said for security reasons, he could not tell me that. I was somewhat bummed. I don't know how much I can spend in Target.

How much do you think I got though? Is it the measly $200? Has anyone been in a situation like mine? I want to call regular customer service and ask but I don't want them to take my card away....LMAO.

I registered online with the first account ($0 balance). The other one hasn't arrived and all I have is that last four digits on my temporary card from the store (about $60 balance). Those four digits do not work with the number on the back of the card, however The first account does. I'm also wondering if it is possible to add the second account online.

My DH has 2 target redcards. He had to use 2 different login names for each. It was wierd that they refused a cli on the first but kept pre-approving him at the register, so he accepted the 2nd card. They both started at 200 then went to 500 and stalled. They will not combine or graduate either one. NO visa as well. Over one year perfect payments. One card has high utilization with multiple monthly payments and other card is always PIF.

you guys have 2 target cards???

can anyone tell me how many months before targey gives a CLI??

You will get your first CLI at about 3 months if you take care of the card. For AboveAverage, it is standard to start with a $200 CL when you first get the card.

You will get your first CLI at about 3 months if you take care of the card. For AboveAverage, it is standard to start with a $200 CL when you first get the card.

Yay....another low 3 digit CL....gooooooo me! :rolleyes:

Well....time to get the DF to look for kitchen things we need. I want my CLI.