Ok I know this is a dumb question....

Has anyone been denied with the pre-approval receipt?

yes :( target hates me (rejected 2x for their $200 card) and i have no idea why as i've NEVER had a store card and never burned them....and no new baddies since 2005. perhaps they're public record unfriendly (have an unpaid tax lien)? would've been nice to diversify my TLs a bit (all i have are 6 cc 3 digit CLs on there, student loans, and a paid off car loan), but target won't show me any love and i don't really want to go the crown jewelers route. then again, there is macy's w/their whopping 100 CL lol sad when you get denied for a 3 digit CL.

Been denied twice, have a CH7 bk discharged in 07. Stupid Target!

Don't let that get you down. I received my Red Card about 6 months post CH7 discharge after being denied twice. :)

See divine, you have me skerred! lol

I am at just about the 3 month mark, and I use my card all the time, PIF every month. I need that CL to increase!!! Let us know when you do!

im scared too. ive paid on time every month, balance low.

and nothing so far... hmph!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Got my $200 Red Card....

When does Tar-jay (phonetic spelling and don't feel like looking for an accented e) start reporting to the CRAs?

Got me a microwave cart and a bath mat. Plan on buying a PSP game or two monthly for the next three months...hopefully Tarjay will show me some love.

got my target and BA 99/500 today. target's already maxed out b/c target made me put $200 of my $300 purchase on it right off the bat while approving me. going to PIF and then make a small purchase every mo. and hope for the increase to $500 @ mo. 4 or 7...going to use the card sparingly as it seems like people who do that get upgraded/converted to the target visa w/a nice CL.

You'll get the CLI to 500, no problem.

I emailed them yet again today about my conversion. They claim to do monthly account reviews, but I've not seen a Target soft pull in over a year. My internal score with them has got to be great - I nearly max out every month and PIF or close to it. I whined that although I love the convenience of my card and enjoy shopping at Target, I am beginning to wonder whether I am truly valued as a customer given the lack of attention my credit account gets from them. :roflmao:

We'll see. I was all confident after my email to Chevron got me some love there.

Just checked my Target inbox after my last post - and here was the reply. It's slightly less generic that the last one I got, but still not what I wanted to hear. The part in bold (my emphasis added) is what I am POd about, because as I mentioned, there is no evidence of them pulling. HTH would they have any info whatsoever on my debt to income ratio??!! Let alone anything that really is on my credit reports...since they aren't pulling.

But here it is, FWIW:

Dear LeslieR:

Thanks for contacting us today about your Target Credit Card(SM) credit limit. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this matter has caused you.

As you know, our system reviews your account every month for a possible increase. If your credit limit is adjusted, you'll see a change on your monthly billing statement and the information will be updated on our automated phone system.

When our system does review your account, it will take into consideration such factors as the date your account was opened, the date of your last increase, on-time payment history, and payments larger than the minimum due. Your overall debt-to-income ratio and the level of usage evident on your account in addition to information we receive from the credit bureaus may also work as determining factors for credit limit increases.

I regret any disappointment, but we don't have information available concerning the qualifications of a Target® Visa® Credit Card upgrade. If you're interested in the Target Visa, feel free to apply for one at your local Target store or online at Target.com.

Does this information help? Don't hesitate to call us at (888) 755-5856 if you have any questions. When asked for your account number, press #, #, # to speak to a representative. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Is it just me, or does Target seem to take an awful long time to process a payment? I paid via BOA's bill pay and it takes a day to get to Target. I am in the negative balance (-142.11) and I have a $176 available balance...which means the second thing that I bought is still being processed. But Target took my payment so things must be ok. Just wondering why they're taking so long to process my PIF balance.

Is it just me, or does Target seem to take an awful long time to process a payment? I paid via BOA's bill pay and it takes a day to get to Target. I am in the negative balance (-142.11) and I have a $176 available balance...which means the second thing that I bought is still being processed. But Target took my payment so things must be ok. Just wondering why they're taking so long to process my PIF balance.

idk if target's like this, but i know some new ccs take longer to process the 1st payment. i'm breaking my payments up- 100 paid today and then the remaining 100 will be paid before the 1st statement cuts. i'm hoping by breaking up the payments into 2 rather than PIF, they won't hold up my payments. should be awhile since the 1st statment cuts, but i want to PIF asap b/c ever since i mucked up my credit years ago, i'm majorly OCD now about paying ccs off ASAP b/c i NEVER want to pay interest again, miss a payment, get overlimit fees, get late fees, etc...esp NOT on a store cc.

i've heard mixed stories on PIF v. carry a balance v. light usage v. heavy use re getting clis and/or conversion to visa, so i don't think there's a 'guaranteed/known way' w/target. i don't shop there a lot and am NOT carrying a balance w/their horrific APR (which is worse than my 1st premiers and orchards LOL now that's sad), so we'll see if i get the bump to 500 @ the 3rd or 4th statement. may put another purchase on the cc next mo. b/c target gave me a 10% coupon when they sent me the cc.

Ok, here is some answers to some questions you may have.

1) Carrying a small balance is fine, PIF is also fine from what I've seen so far.

2) If you take care of your credit with them, you can see an increase to $500 on about your 3rd or 4th billing cycle.

3) They DO take a while to report the first payment. Once that first payment goes through, they are much faster.

4) If you want to see if they are really checking your CR, use the EX back door method to check. Use any Report number from one of your EX CRs and use this link Experian Backdoor, following the prompts. Then look under Requests for Your Credit History under Requests Viewed Only By You. You will see if they are pulling your CR or not.

Ok, here is some answers to some questions you may have.

1) Carrying a small balance is fine, PIF is also fine from what I've seen so far.

2) If you take care of your credit with them, you can see an increase to $500 on about your 3rd or 4th billing cycle.

3) They DO take a while to report the first payment. Once that first payment goes through, they are much faster.

4) If you want to see if they are really checking your CR, use the EX back door method to check. Use any Report number from one of your EX CRs and use this link Experian Backdoor, following the prompts. Then look under Requests for Your Credit History under Requests Viewed Only By You. You will see if they are pulling your CR or not.

Isis, you friggin rock!!! :mrgreen: Thank you!

That is definitely a definitive answer I can live with.

yea nothing yet.

does anyone know if adding auth users to your target shows up on there reports?

ive been usingi t sparingly and paid down then pay a bit each month, so i have a small balance, like 30-40.00 at a time.

i believe i got the card in jan. 08. ..................

I am in total shock right now! I received my Target Red March 10th of this year. $200 limit of course. All scores were in the range of 570ish. I used it alot, since I am a regular Tarjay shopper. I make several payments each month, and kept utilization below 25%. My statement came today, and they have raised the limit already to $500! This is my third statement, and the account is under 90 days old. What is even more surprising is that my scores have dropped recently to between 511-550, and they still raised. I wasn't expecting to see anything for at least another month, if at all. Yay me!!!!