whocares

Tax rebates going out early

I was discussing this last night with a friend. She claimed that this stimulus refund was based on your 2006 tax info and not 2007. She was married in 2006 and filed with her then hubby, so she was saying he would get all the money and she wouldn't get anything.

Do you know if it's based on 06 or 07?

I went to that website listed above in another post and it asked for my 07 info and said based on that, I would get the refund.

I'm almost 100% sure it's based on 2007. That's why they are trying to make sure that everybody who hasn't filed this year files, so everybody who is eligible for the rebate will get one. I wish it was based on 2006 though-back then I was filing as married and claming 3 kiddos! Now it's just me and the 2 kiddos! :lol:

Another question. I filed with HR block online but mistakingly included a form that was not going to be availble for another month. So my return was basically not going to be processed until a certain date. Some emergencies came up and I needed my $$$$. So, I went to a rapid refund place and got my rapid refund. Then of course, the IRS rejected the return I filed with HR Block, because I had already filed my return. Now, the IRS website says that the rapid refunds of the RAL's do not qualify for direct deposit. The people who filed that way will get a paper check. But, when I originally filed with HR Block, I signed up for regular direct deposit. Wonder if I will get a paper check or direct deposit?

I know that was probably confusing....:lol::oops:

I'm almost 100% sure it's based on 2007. That's why they are trying to make sure that everybody who hasn't filed this year files, so everybody who is eligible for the rebate will get one. I wish it was based on 2006 though-back then I was filing as married and claming 3 kiddos! Now it's just me and the 2 kiddos! :lol:

Another question. I filed with HR block online but mistakingly included a form that was not going to be availble for another month. So my return was basically not going to be processed until a certain date. Some emergencies came up and I needed my $$$$. So, I went to a rapid refund place and got my rapid refund. Then of course, the IRS rejected the return I filed with HR Block, because I had already filed my return. Now, the IRS website says that the rapid refunds of the RAL's do not qualify for direct deposit. The people who filed that way will get a paper check. But, when I originally filed with HR Block, I signed up for regular direct deposit. Wonder if I will get a paper check or direct deposit?

I know that was probably confusing....:lol::oops:

Ok to answer your questions. Fizzle: Yes it is based off your 2007 returns. Deanna was correct and not just that but if you follow the link to the IRS which tells you how much you will be getting for the stimulus check, it specifically states that you need your 2007 returns to verify the info.

Now Deanna: When you filed for the RAL, anywhere on there did you include the information for direct deposit on your accounts?

If they rejected the paperwork from H&R Block then they will not have access to the direct deposit information you provided for your return at the time. Most likely you will be getting a check for that. Finally, if you did your RAL without that form, I would recommend doing an ammendment to get whatever money that you would have received if you waited for that form.

By the way, did you guys know that when you apply for the Rapid Refunds that they do a hard inquiry pull on your CR? H&R Block Rapid Refunds are financed through HSBC and they do a pull for each request for one. So if you go for the 1 day refund, it's a pull on your CR, you didn't qualify but go for the 3 day, still ANOTHER pull.

Ok to answer your questions. Fizzle: Yes it is based off your 2007 returns. Deanna was correct and not just that but if you follow the link to the IRS which tells you how much you will be getting for the stimulus check, it specifically states that you need your 2007 returns to verify the info.

Now Deanna: When you filed for the RAL, anywhere on there did you include the information for direct deposit on your accounts?

If they rejected the paperwork from H&R Block then they will not have access to the direct deposit information you provided for your return at the time. Most likely you will be getting a check for that. Finally, if you did your RAL without that form, I would recommend doing an ammendment to get whatever money that you would have received if you waited for that form.

By the way, did you guys know that when you apply for the Rapid Refunds that they do a hard inquiry pull on your CR? H&R Block Rapid Refunds are financed through HSBC and they do a pull for each request for one. So if you go for the 1 day refund, it's a pull on your CR, you didn't qualify but go for the 3 day, still ANOTHER pull.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=181997,00.html

I did do direct deposit for my RAL, but go to this link and look at the 3rd question from the bottom. Looks like I will get a paper check. :(

The form that I included, but didn't need, was the mortgage interest form. I'm one of those people whose interest is less than the standard deduction, so the was not really a reason for me to even include the form. I carelessly included it and paid for my error. I had to pay almost $200 for the RAL. I haven't used RAL in years and didn't want to this year. And as if the price wasn't bad enough-you're right, they do a hard pull. :twisted:

I MUST save it for heating oil for this winter. Could hardly pay this past winter and it will only get worse.

Good Idea.

I love that game! Nothing better (aside form AceCombat6 of course) than blowing off some steam by robbing a hooker then running her over. :p

Yeah the only thing I can think of is Halo that is platform specific, but i have that somewhere cracked for the PC anyway. It would just be nice to be able to tell all fanboys of whatever system to suck it!

I'll tell you what though, if it can be swung financially, I definitely think everyone should get a wii AND one of the other systems... they're just so different I don't know how you could compare the experiences.

Yeah the only thing I can think of is Halo that is platform specific, but i have that somewhere cracked for the PC anyway. It would just be nice to be able to tell all fanboys of whatever system to suck it!

I'll tell you what though, if it can be swung financially, I definitely think everyone should get a wii AND one of the other systems... they're just so different I don't know how you could compare the experiences.

I LOVE our Wii. This is how I exercise every day--at the moment it is winter Olympics and the new Tennis game. The boxing game that comes with the Wii is also great exercise. They are now coming out with Wii Fit and I am thinking about asking for that for Mother's day.

DH has the 360---why anyone would want to sit in a chair and play shoot 'em up games is beyond me! ;)

Okay, folks--it is May 1st--anyone here see a deposit this morning? Who the heck is getting this early distribution??

I have not recieved mine yet, but the website said you had to file more than 6 weeks ago...I got my refund atound the 10th't of march...so I dont know if it was 6 weeks since I filed...

Ok, now I'm worried. That little application to check status keeps telling me I may have made a mistake entering my details (I haven't, I checked over and over). Then when I say it's correct, it says that they can't give me any information regarding status.

I got my return this year in mid February, so it's been over six weeks. I hope this doesn't mean something is wrong with mine :(

Ok, now I'm worried. That little application to check status keeps telling me I may have made a mistake entering my details (I haven't, I checked over and over). Then when I say it's correct, it says that they can't give me any information regarding status.

I got my return this year in mid February, so it's been over six weeks. I hope this doesn't mean something is wrong with mine :(

I'm getting the same thing. I wouldn't be worried over this as it being the IRS website. It's not the most technologically advanced.

I have not recieved mine yet, but the website said you had to file more than 6 weeks ago...I got my refund atound the 10th't of march...so I dont know if it was 6 weeks since I filed...

If you got your refund the 10th, you probably filed before the 10th (unless you got the tax refund advance). This is May 1st. So it's been at least 6 weeks.

lets all hope we get ours tomorrow. 8]

That would be awesome.

Im glad to hear some are already getting theirs.

here's where to check on the status:

https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC

Thanks Tarbaby!

Here's a quote from the IRS site:

We recommend checking the Payment Schedule prior to using this application since your payment information will not be available on this tool until the time that your payment is scheduled.

Maybe that's why it is not working for some people, myself included. Sounds like they need to tinker with their tool a little more. :lol: