MRS Associates INC

laconic1981

I recieved a letter from MRS associates regarding an account that I have with RJM Acquisitions for Wachovia.

I am unable to find a lisence for Washington State for RJM to collect this debt BUT I can find a lisence for MRS Associates.

So Now I have

1.) Wachovia reporting on my credit report this debt. They are reporting for 0 dollars and show transfered

2.) RJM is reporting me oweing them for this debt with Wachovia

3.) MRS Associates is trying to collect this debt on behalf of RJM

The way the letter reads from MRS is that they are doing business on behalf of RJM not that they are RJM Doing Business as MRS.

This seems kinda Shady to me. Whats up?

Based on what you've posted it seems accurate to me.

The OC sold the account so that part is accurate.

RJM is now the new debt owner and MRS is the "CA" in this case...I think what is confusing is that many times, these junk debt buyers have another, very closely linked company acting as a CA even though if you go back up the line you'll find both are owned by the same company.

That's legal and not unusual...just confusing.

Based on what you've posted it seems accurate to me.

The OC sold the account so that part is accurate.

RJM is now the new debt owner and MRS is the "CA" in this case...I think what is confusing is that many times, these junk debt buyers have another, very closely linked company acting as a CA even though if you go back up the line you'll find both are owned by the same company.

That's legal and not unusual...just confusing.

So it's legal for three different groups (Wachovia, RJM, and MRS) to be collecting on the same debt?

So it's legal for three different groups (Wachovia, RJM, and MRS) to be collecting on the same debt?

Only one is "collecting"; the current debt owner through this CA.

Again, I'm going by what you posted so all I can say is that it looks correct to me but in general, all three of these entities have the right to report the debt provided they do so correctly - none are required to report but the have a right to.

Reporting is not the same thing as collecting even though creditors/CAs DO use reporting as a collectin tool - they know it puts pressure on consummers to pay.