LoveToGod

Highest Credit Limit on 1st Premier, Orchard, Hooters, Household Platinum

I am looking at the long term to see which cards I will have eventually fire, and which ones will be keepers.

I know it affects the FICO score to close accounts and then open new ones. It also affects it just to open a new account.

So, How long did it take you get a CLI and what is the highest it has gone if you have a:

1. First Premier Card

2. Orchard (They suck) HSBC

3. Household Platinum (a little better)

4. Hooters Mastercard

5. (Anyone who might have the Embrace card)

i'll only comment on the 1s i have. i know i don't have the highest CLs b/c everytime i've tried to get 1, they've wanted me to pay 15-25 for a 100 CLI and sorry, i'm not paying those subprime cards any more than i have to...esp. 1st premier.

1. First Premier Card- have had 2 since 07. perfect payment history for 1+ yrs. STILL @ original CL...250 and 350. trying to consolidate 2 cards into 1 and hope they'll give me a 600 CL @ least. tired of the mo. fees, tired of the online pay fees, tired of the annual fees. only decent thing is the interest rate...which really doesn't matter as they're now sockdrawered and are staying there until early 2009 (my 2 yr anniv. date w/them) when they are FIRED. this card will NOT grow w/you.

2. Orchard (They suck) HSBC)- have had 2 since 07. perfect payment history for 1+ years. STILL @ original CL....300 and 300. trying to consolidate 2 cards into 1 @ hope they'll give me a 600 CL @ least. also, if they let me consolidate, i'll then apply for HSBC (higher CLs usually) and hope to consolidate my orchard into a HSBC cc w/a decent limit. slightly better than first premier b/c no mo. fees, no online pay fees. decent interest rate but really N/A right now as like first premier, they're sockdrawered. unsure whether i'll fire orchard as it's 1 of my oldest + cc tradelines. plus, maybe they'll let me consolidate it w/a HSBC cc w/a decent limit. would hate to wipe out 4 ccs (2 first premiers/2 orchards) @ the same time and i'm not sure what that would do to my FICO scores.

so tired of subprime cards and their 3 digit limits :( however, that's the price of past mistakes. plus, subprimes did their job and have raised my FICOs. however, as w/all things in life, their comes a time to move onward and upward. best + about #1 and 2? 0 balances :)

my other ccs-

cap 1 (still not 'prime' but i bank w/them and may need an auto loan/personal loan, so want to 'build a relationship'). whopping 300 CL w/cap 1, but supposedly i'll get a CLI on the 4th statement and decent CLIs after that. however, i'm not banking on that. using cap 1 to 'diversify' my tradelines/add some 'new history' on my reports.

ba 99/500. had to pay $99 (but i get it back when the card graduates), but i'm moving on up CL wise to 500. LOL funny that a SECURED cc gives me a HIGHER CL than my unsecured ccs. like cap 1, i bank w/BA and am trying to 'build a relationship' w/them which is why i took this card. plus, supposedly BA is VERY generous w/CLIs, so i hope having this 'prime' cc will move me out of the land of mail offers from subprime ccs and into mail offers from 'prime lenders.'

for now, i'm keeping the first premiers/orchards paid off. using cap 1 a bit b/c they like A LOT of use and so i want to favor them in hopes of getting a CLI. same w/BA. cap 1 is @ 0% APR until 10/08 so that's nice. utilization is now very low (5/6 ccs have 0 balances) and i'll PIF cap 1/BA. my ficos are stuck in the high 500s, but i'm hoping that my recent PIF of the first premiers and orchards and my increased CL due to the ba/cap 1 will move my ficos up a bit. given that i travel A LOT (1-4x/mo.) and need to book flights/hotels, i'd REALLY like to have a 4 digit CL lol if only 'prime lenders' looked @ my debit cards. thank goodness for those b/c it's VERY tough to book flights/hotels on ccs w/3 digit CLS :(

I am looking at the long term to see which cards I will have eventually fire, and which ones will be keepers.

I know it affects the FICO score to close accounts and then open new ones. It also affects it just to open a new account.

So, How long did it take you get a CLI and what is the highest it has gone if you have a:

1. First Premier Card Don't have one

2. Orchard (They suck) HSBC 6 months 1st CLI $600 CL

3. Household Platinum (a little better) Don't have one

4. Hooters Mastercard 3 months 1st CLI $1,500 CL

5. (Anyone who might have the Embrace card)

Don't have one

Does that help?

I got 5K from hooters with high 500 or low 600 scores, but no increase yet. I have had the card for about 6 months now. I got 300cl with HSBC Plat. and Gold with increase to 600 at 3 months and the gold went to 1100 after 5 months. Best Buy went to 600 at 3 months. Orchard which it the card I have had for about 10 months with no increase. I don't think I would get Orchard if I knew they really don't do CLIs.

I got 5K from hooters with high 500 or low 600 scores, but no increase yet. I have had the card for about 6 months now. I got 300cl with HSBC Plat. and Gold with increase to 600 at 3 months and the gold went to 1100 after 5 months. Best Buy went to 600 at 3 months. Orchard which it the card I have had for about 10 months with no increase. I don't think I would get Orchard if I knew they really don't do CLIs.

Yeah that further tells me that I need to have HSBC consolidate the Orchard onto the HSBC Platinum and close that card out.

Did you ask for the 5K from hooters or was it just automatic? Do you or have you had other credit cards with credit limits like that?

1. First Premier Card (Not applicable...)

2. Orchard (They suck) HSBC (Not applicable...)

3. Household Platinum (a little better) (Started at $300 CL. Upped to $600 CL in 3 months. Still haven't received another CLI as of yet and will fire 'em if I don't receive one at 1 year.)

4. Hooters Mastercard (Initially approved at $1,000. Haven't received a CLI and have had the card for about 7 months.)

5. (Anyone who might have the Embrace card) (Not applicable...)

See above. ;)