FTC Complaints

musiqdefunk

Is it normal procedure to send an automatic response to your complaint within one or two days. The reason I ask is because I sent a complaint to the FTC on a JDB and they sent me a response explaining to first send the CA a validation letter. I truly hope they are not done with the investigation just in 2 days.......

Wow, this would be amazing if in 2 days they give me response without even attempting to contact the JDB, I explained in great detail the procedures I took and the complete ignorance of the JDB and even quoted the violations they committed. I have all documentation. I also sent a complaint to the BBB and my AG. Hopefully one of them at least try’s to help me out.... If that is the case with FTC is there an agency I complain to about FTC. LOL!

I'm not overly litigious, but if you believe that strongly in your position and you have valid proof, then take it all the way and file a suit. Just getting served will get the CA's attention. If all you want is a delete, small claims might be enough.

The FTC will not take action on your complaint. They gather & publish information and opinions and make annual reports to Congress. Their latest report is linked in a recent thread here...

It's important to file complaints because they are compiled and compared as statistical trends. But a consumer will never receive direct action or a response other than a form letter.