cleaning up after ch7

startingagain

My chapter 7 discharge was a year ago and everyone of my cc are reporting CO/bankruptcy which is not true. 1 or 2 may have been close but I honestly don't think any were actually CO at the time of filing. So I have been disputing and they are changing! I have got a couple of deletes but most have changed to never late, 30 day late or 60 day late. This does improve my score a tiny bit correct? I pulled FICO in Feb and am trying to wait until the end of June to pull again because I am sending off another round of disputes Monday.

Second part of my question: almost all of the cc are reporting the wrong day for bk. It ranges from about a year before filing to a year after. 2 are reporting bk filed about a year before I actually did (reporting different dates, not the same) and never late. I am wondering if I should dispute them or just leave them alone. I feel if I dispute again they may change to the correct info and I would be worse off. If I send a FCRA section 623 letter the the OC do they HAVE TO delete if they are reporting wrong info or can they simply correct? I do have a couple of those letters out to the OC reporting I filed this year but so far no results.

If anything on your CR's is being reported incorrectly, you should dispute it. And based upon my personal experience with cleaning up after Ch7, I would dispute that information. I, too, had people reporting my BK within a 2-year timeframe before and after my actual date...So I looked at it, realized that it was totally incorrect, and pushed forward from there. When you send out a 623 request, the data furnishers do have the option of correcting the information. If you send them the request and they fail to respond and/or correct the information, that's when you can push for a delete. ;)