AboveAverage

Certegy Class Action

Wanted to start a thread on this subject. Wasn't sure if it should go here or in ID Theft.

If any of you got a postcard and answered the class, please share with us here. I answered and am still waiting for info. I might call them Friday about it.

Although I contributed in the other thread, I was thinking it would be a good idea to start a Certegy thread, too, so we can track this. Thanks, AA!

I got a postcard and requested the credit monitoring service on Friday, 5/9. I really didn't understand what "bank monitoring" is, and since I look at my bank account online at least three times a week, I figured it wasn't necessary.

I myself was only interested in the credit monitoring...I so far have not heard anything about it.

The bank that was affected is no longer used as my main banking...and even if I wanted to, I can't close out the account until the end of this year. I want easy access to prior year statements if I need them.

BTW, that was quick, Leslie...I just clicked send on the PM I sent you and Shae and here you were. LOL.

I got the card, but I am actually using a NOLO lawyer to seek something else out of it now.

It effected 2 of my bank accounts.

________

Santamonica

Edited by ABaldbrotha

BTW, that was quick, Leslie...I just clicked send on the PM I sent you and Shae and here you were. LOL.

I was doing my "check new posts" sweep right before bed. :)

I got the postcard yesterday in the mail. I felt funny because I had read about it here first. Never thought I could be included.

I signed up for the credit monitoring yesterday.

Has anyone heard anything else from them I got the card and signed up online for the monitoring but have never heard anyhing else.

From what I understand it's the way your information was stolen that decides what you get to do. If it was banking info then they will monitor your bank account. If it was credit card info then you get to monitor your stuff. I don't want them monitoring anything since they are the ones who lost it in the first place.

I've heard nothing since filling out the info. on the website, the day before this thread was started.