Fizzle1979

Horrible News!

I think my work IT department blocked me from viewing this forum. BOO!!!

I can view creditinfocenter but not the forums. Haven't been able to for the last couple of days. But on another note, I got a my first blackberry and can view it on there during work. =)

Tragic, just tragic.

I've never had access to any of CIC at work. Indeed they don't even let us have internet access! So don't go crying about it, and remember: someone else always has it worse! :p

My old company did that.. I just accessed thru a proxy.. there are some free ones out there too.

Thats all greek to me.

I would freak out if I didn't have CIC access during the day. It's tragic. Put it to you this way...I'm about to go out of the country for a week and I'm already trying to figure out how to get CIC on my blackjack. LMAO!! :)

Proxy for newbies

All you need to do:

1. Go to a free proxy site such as http://www.youhide.com/

2. Type in the URL you want to visit in their address bar within the webpage.

3. When you change pages, do so via the address bar that youhide.com embeds on the top of each page you visit.

Voila...enjoy your anonymous surfing to any website you want, even if your employer blocks it.

Note that some sites may load a little funky under a proxy, but for the most part it's pretty seamless.

Proxy for newbies

All you need to do:

1. Go to a free proxy site such as http://www.youhide.com/

2. Type in the URL you want to visit in their address bar within the webpage.

3. When you change pages, do so via the address bar that youhide.com embeds on the top of each page you visit.

Voila...enjoy your anonymous surfing to any website you want, even if your employer blocks it.

Note that some sites may load a little funky under a proxy, but for the most part it's pretty seamless.

Sorry, my work is on to that. The webpage is filtered there too! lol :lol:

Hehe, there are tons of other ones. Just have to find one your work doesn't know about, unless they run a filter that's "all websites except..." and have every website on default exclusion except for a handful. In that case it's more complicated to get around and, honestly, not worth it in a work environment.

My work doesn't filter the internet at all. We're still on the cutting edge of early 1990's technology, so they haven't figured out how to do anything like that just yet. Heck up until 2005 we had an AOL dialup account! They finally went to a T1 service in 2005, but that's as high tech as they've managed to get so far.

This is the kind of company that thought I was "hacking" my computer because I was using Thunderbird and Firefox instead of Outlook and Internet Explorer. I actually had to explain to three different people that they aren't hacks, just different programs that do the exact same job. Still every time our email server has an issue they tell me to "turn off that bird program" like my email client is what's breaking the server. I just can't convince them that the programs I use are actually more secure than the programs they use by default and I've given up trying at this point!

This is the kind of company that thought I was "hacking" my computer because I was using Thunderbird and Firefox instead of Outlook and Internet Explorer. I actually had to explain to three different people that they aren't hacks, just different programs that do the exact same job. Still every time our email server has an issue they tell me to "turn off that bird program" like my email client is what's breaking the server. I just can't convince them that the programs I use are actually more secure than the programs they use by default and I've given up trying at this point!

LMFAO!!! Where are you working, the Stone Quarry with Fred Flinstone? hehehe

BTW, I bet the second after you disconnect all of their problems went away.. right?