tonitunes

Clarification question on multiple TL

I have a question that I have searched around for the answer, but I can't find. I'm sure it has been answered somewhere here but I can't find it.

I understand that the same debt can be listed in multiple TL's on your credit report. For example, by the original creditor, then sold off to JDB "A" then sold off to JDB "B" and so on and so on but the only one who can show a balance is the current FDB, the rest have to show a balance of 0.

My question is this. Once the 7 (or 7.5) years is up that they are allowed to report on your credit report from the date of first delinquency, do all the TL's that have been added because of that one debt have to be removed? Or do they stay on from the date that each subsequent JDB bought the account?

All of the TL's will be removed at the same time. 7-7.5 years from DOFD

When the OC falls off so do the rest just keep an eye on it to make sure they are removed if not then you need to dispute with the CRA's.

Thank you, I thought that was how it worked but I wasn't for sure so I searched around for it and still had no luck, so I figured I would just ask.

Thanks again.

All of the TL's will be removed at the same time. 7-7.5 years from DOFD

When the OC falls off so do the rest just keep an eye on it to make sure they are removed if not then you need to dispute with the CRA's.

TTiggers is right, however, I wouldn't give up on getting the JDB's that no longer own the debt to remove. If you harass them enough, they may delete just to get you out of their hair.

Oh I actually don't have any... yet that is. I'm just trying to cover my bases for the future if my plan doesn't work.

Long story short... I had a cell phone, moved out of state where there is no service, they wouldn't let me out of contract, but I convinced a sweet girl to do it. Didn't get name or anything.

Couple years later we get a CA on our rear for the early termination fee. Original cell company is already on the report. CA that's trying to collect isn't on there YET.

I'm trying to negotiate a PFD on the account by telling them that I should have never been charged the termination fee in the first place as I had no service up here, blah blah blah.... but for the sake of simplicity and to try to make everyone happy I'll pay if they'll delete.

I'm just trying to figure out what my next step will be if they refuse my request.

Naturally, in my worst fantasies I can see 20 TL's from 20 CA's on there. Sometimes I can be quite the pessimist.