HSBC is not my best friend

So I have a new 5K credit line with USAA and thought I'd transfer the $4,700 I owe to HSBC over there and keep a 0 balance on HSBC.

I called HSBC to get the exact mailing address to give USAA for the transfer and explained what I planned to do. I thought they'd try to get me to keep the card (well, it's not like I said I was cancelling) but they said nothing, so I said I might not do the transfer if they could lower my rate enough. (HSBC rate is 19.99% and USAA rate is about 15%.)

They said it looks like I can get a lower rate but there would be an inquiry to find out. I said go ahead and transfer me to the proper dept. but while I was on hold I realized I did not want an inquiry and I remembered my bitter arguments with HSBC about 6 months ago over their supposedly pre-approved offers that dinged up my report with several inquiries that I tried to persuade them to remove, and they said they would, and then didn't, and then told me they don't do that (after speaking with a very high-up office and being a b***h on the phone for probably an hour. I had forgotten HSBC is not my friend.)

Got transferred and was told that there's never an inquiry to check on rate adjustment. But she said the best they could offer was 17.99. What a bunch of dorks.

She did say that if I pay the balance to zero, to call back and then maybe they'd be able to offer an even better rate. I repeat, what a bunch of dorks. I told her the rates on my other cards range from 15% down to 8.9 but I guess that does not matter. HSBC shoots themselves in the foot. Only business, I know, but what a bunch of dorks.

Me and HSBC do not get along. Not only are they a current lender of mine with a measly $600 limit which they're claiming won't go up anymore for awhile, but they're also a pain in the @ss lender who reported a paid on time and never late account to the CRA's as a CO and now won't remove the notation. UGH!!!!

Hopefully this will give everyone a laugh, I have received two of these.. They are pre approval's to get money from beneficial! Which BTW comes through the orchard card website.. I can borrow 4100 and only god knows what to pay back! They will do this but not give NICE CLI'S! That just goes to show how HSBC really is!!!!

Congratulations! You've been selected to receive this special invitation to request a loan for $4,176. HA HA HA, and PAY BACK at a 22.4% i am sure lol, I have fixed cc's better than that, that DOESN"T have cash advance fees!!!!, OOPS I forgot to read further,

you could request a loan for $4,176 or more right now.* Visit Beneficial.com and request a loan.

LMAO LMAO

Best thing I ever did was ditch HSBC credit cards.

I'm hoping to fire HSBC soon too. I've had them the longest, but they turned me down for a CLI even when these other companies were giving me more credit to start out. There is no rhyme or reason with them.