Sign in to follow this  
lisherman

how can i fight my mrtgge co

i was on a payment agreement w/ home eq and on feb 15 when i got my tax refund i paid the full amout that i owed on the agreement, almost 3000. i ws not behind, payment ws due on 16th, they withdrew the money out of my checking acct i got the bank statement to show it. then on feb 22 they filed foreclosure on me, which home eq told me for almost a month that they did not file on me but the attorney insistaed that they did, i wsa served papers on feb 25. advertised in the news paper, foreclosure papers sent to my husbands other childs mother. i called home eq and the lawyer everyday to try to get the straight, they only way o got them to stop the foreclosure was to put them on three way and have a conference call. home eq refused to ever let me speak ot a manager. okay, i got the foreclosure dismissed, they said there would be no fees because it was a mistake, well now they are calling me telling me that i am behimd 1800$ due to foreclosure fees. this is reflecing on my credit report, i tried to get a car loan this week and they are showing for the last 8 mo htat i am only paying partial payments.

how can i fight these guys???

1. thye are charging me fees that are wrong

2. they embarrassed me

3. oh i can't even tell you the stress they put me under, numb, twitching eye, blood presurre high that was never high before, sleepless nights

4. totally ruined my credit--more embarrassment.

HELP!!! i need to get this straghtened out so i can sleep again.

• Like 1

First, calm down. No need to stress. It happens. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of stuff on the phone. Whenever you have issues like this, it is best to get everything in writing so you'll have proof of any agreements.

You'll want to write to your mortgage co. and have them give you a letter stating that the mistake was theirs and that you should not be charged the fees. You also want to ask then to clear up the issue with showing partial payments and fees on your credit report. Send everything certified mail so you'll have proof of your requests.

i got the state attorney generals office working onmy case. home eq has been caling almost every day with something new

last week they said i dont have enough fire insurance so they are adding some to my mortgage at they will add 283 to my monthly payment

hank at the attorney office got that straightened out, home eq is now apoligizing saying they are so sorry and i am current on my account. but for some reason they are still calling, i don't get it. oh well i think the state is doing what needs to be done.

if anyone has trouble with there mortgage co i recommend call your state attorney's office they have to power to handle them. Plus it is free.

Hi ! newbie here.......

I was reading your post and I wanted to ask you this: How did you get the state attorney's office to work in your case?

At the present time I'm under Ch13 BK to repay property taxes ( making pymts for 2 yrs now) and I just found out that BoA paid directly to the county after I filed so my BK payments have been going to other creditors and now they say that I have an escrow acc of -$12,000.00 when I owed only $8,000.00 to the county when I filed.....

I'm in such stress that, like you, I can't sleep... and it's affecting me at work.

My problem is that I don't know who can help me with this.... my lawyer is not helping much (as a matter of fact I don't trust her anymore) and BoA is taking a long time to tell me how they plan to handle this... I was thinking that maybe I should go to see another lawyer but to tell you the truth I am scared...

Any ideas that you may have would be greatly appreciated !