NAME and SHAME the 'poor' credit companies you have used, in the past..

triton07

Merrick Bank sure is around... I don't know if they're issuing new cards because now that you mention it, I haven't heard of anyone getting one recently. Mine was obtained in 2004; they sent me an offer. Their site says you cannot apply - you can only respond to an offer.

But they service the Hooters Card. So they are still around, but maybe not by that name. The Hooters and Merrick cards use the same login pages and everything - I just change the login name and can log into one from the other's page - it's just different colors but same code, apparently.

I wonder if they service any other name brand cards. I know they offer RV and boat loans, but I think that's it.

xSteaminxxSteaminx My evil company seems to be Wamu aka Providian. I closed & paid their card in full after Providian seemed to have as desire to rate jack me. Sorry dudes heres your payment & shredded card.I have caught them pulling ar's on a closed account twice so far & just seem to be too lazy to slam them for invading my privacy.

:hmm: Yet despite how these companies treat their “customers”; 98% of the time, those who have been thus mistreated seem to only want to buy more of these (or others like them) companies’ product (debt)…I truly don’t get it and I guess I never will!

To be honest I still have a chase product but Providian aka Wamu has no place in my home.:ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2:

First Equity Card is pretty scammy. They offer you a great card, low interest, no fees, etc. Instead of sending you that card they send you a card with fees and high interest. When I called them they said I was denied for the card I applied for but they send me this bull**** one instead. They did refund me the first years fee and they did honor their zero percent balance transfer but I'm planning to close their card which I just paid off.

Their website is pretty crappy as well. You can't even look up daily transactions.

xSteaminxxSteaminx My evil company seems to be Wamu aka Providian. I closed & paid their card in full after Providian seemed to have as desire to rate jack me. Sorry dudes heres your payment & shredded card.I have caught them pulling ar's on a closed account twice so far & just seem to be too lazy to slam them for invading my privacy.

Agreed. Right after my zero interest balance expired they jacked my interest rate up to 21.99%. I immediately zero transferred to a different account. Pretty shady which is odd because their banking is pretty good. After having terrible experiences with BofA and Wellsfargo banks dealing with WaMu was a delight.

LOL - I used to be one of those financially ignorant young women. And while someone said that the V.S. merchandise is good now, I've always found it to be utter crap. I did bankrupt that stupid card away - so there was $300 worth of V.S. jeans and t-shirts (not sure if I even bought any of their poorly made underwear, I must have to find out that it fell apart after one wearing but then the hub said it's only made to be taken off) that I didn't quite pay for. Oops!

Maybe that's why they won't renew my Limited and Express cards? The funny thing is that they've been reporting as open and in good standing, and they are my oldest tradelines. So I called them up recently to see if they would re-open them (they say open but there's no credit available and I thought I could get some credit utilization out of them.) They said no, because I have a BK on my record. ! But they're still reporting as A-OK and very old tradelines, so Shhhhh!