How many credit cards does everybody have?

Well, let's see...

1) HSBC (got it for balance transfer but never used it since the limit was only 2k.)

2) Discover (balance transfer)

3) Dillard's American Express

4) Dillard's Store Card

5) Jared's

6) Kay's

7) JB Robinson

8) Walmart Discover

9) US Bank

10) Shell Store Card

11) Zale's

12) JC Penney

10 more cards that are closed.

1 Mortgage open

1 Mortgage closed when the loan got transferred

1 Personal loan

1 Auto loan closed

1 Auto loan open (refinanced to get lower rate)

1 Auto repo

4 student loans showing even though I only really have two. They got sold just like my mortgage.

Too many for my liking, but had to get them to diversify/try to rebuild years of mucking up.

First premier x2- 250 and 350 CL

Orchard x2- 300 CL ea.

Cap 1- 300 CL

BA 99/500- 500

Target red- 200

Hoping to consolidate the orchards into a decent CL (or at least 1 cc w/a 600 CL instead of 2 300 CL). Canning the 1st 1st premier in early 2009. EQs are now in mid 600s, so they did their job I guess, but I’d like a 4 digit CL in my lifetime again.

Cap 1-500

Cap 1-500

HSBC-300

HSBC Discover-400

Carnival Seamiles-500

US Airways-500

Hooters-700

First Premier300 (Closing this summer)

First Premier-350

Rewards660-300(Closing this summer)

Target-200

QVC-300

HSN-250

Shop NBC (never used)-500

Walmart-400

Gap-200

Old Navy-200

Firestone-1200

Paypal-500

American Eagle-200

Dillards-150 :confused:

JC Penney-700

Lowes-300

Sams Club-300

Childrens Place-250

Jared (never used)

Kay-1300

JB Robinson (never used)

Crown Jewelers-1500 (never use again)

BOA 99/500-500

Chase Freedom-1000

Mortgage-194,000

GMAC car loan-15,000

Boat loan-11,600

I think that's it :oops:

Before creditinfocenter, I had NOTHING.....I couldn't finance a piece of gum. I can't ever thank everyone here enough!!!!

Before creditinfocenter, I had NOTHING.....I couldn't finance a piece of gum. I can't ever thank everyone here enough!!!!
Well said. Before CIC, I could not get a cellphone without a $1000 deposit. Now I have credit card offers all over the place and 700+ scores. This site rocks.

Cap 1 2500

WAMU 1500

Hooters 750

Best Buy MC 600

Chevron 500--the one with the cash line

Exxon 400 (I've had this one for 13 years)

Target 500

NTB Tire 500

For me, too many. Plan to get rid of Hooters and probably

Best Buy when their year is up. Nothing against these

cards, just don't really need them, and their low TL's.

NFCU Visa-5,000 3/08

NFCU MC-3,000 3/08

NFCU- LOC-3,000 5/08

Kay - 2,700 5/08

Crown - 1,500 11/07

Zales- 400 12/07

Express- 300 2/08

Macy's - 300 12/07

Target- 200 12/07

Orchard- 500 10/07

score as of 5-17-08

TU-656

EX-669

EQ-683

Last year this time I had no credit cards and could not get a cell phone without a 1,000 dollar deposit....my fico was across the board 504....

WaMu - 4000

Cap1 - 1000

BoA - 2500

Hooters - 2000

CJ - 1500

Credit One Bank - 600

FP - 350 - FIRED

FP - 500 - ABOUT TO BE FIRED

Orchard - 300 - FIRED

Target - 500

Dillards - 300

Chevron/Texaco - 450.

I think that's it as far as cards.

I also have a personal LOC and a refinanced auto loan at a prime rate.

Macy's Visa: $6,000

WaMu Platinum Mastercard: $2,500

Jareds: $2,000

JB Robinson: $2,000

Kay: $2,000 (was approved but never reported...)

Barnes and Noble Mastercard: $1,800

Crown Jewelers: $1,500

Macy's Store: $1,500

Capital One: $1,500

Hooters Mastercard: $1,000

HSBC Mastercard: $600

Target Red Card: $500

HSBC and Hooters will be fired at the 1-year mark unless they waive the annual fee and/or give me a CLI. ;)

4 VISA cards and 3 MasterCards, and a Target RedCard.

Firing the Cap One VISA this month. Took nearly 2 years to get a CLI, and that was just from $500 to $1000, and I had to call and say I wanted to cancel the card to get that. Its served its purpose, its time to go. Might drop one of the M/C's as well.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill for some of you, but a bunch of under $500 cards does not an attractive credit profile make. In fact, it makes you appear to be desperate for credit to creditors. It is much wiser to concentrate on cards that have a known history of graduating or offering automatic credit increases after a set amount of time, such as the B of A 99/500, Target Red Card, Chevron/Texaco card, etc... Bide you time with cards like these, keep the utilization below 10%, and they will turn into cards with decent limits if you are PATIENT.

I started off with scores in the mid 400s a couple years ago. I focused on using the principles on this site to clean my credit report. After I did everything I could, I waited for about a year before applying for ANY credit. I only have 3 cards and the obligatory CJ account, and my scores are now in the mid 700s on all 3 reports; straight FICO scores. My cards have all graduated and/or grown to decent limits in about a years time.

Quite frankly, many of you scare me with these long lists of credit cards. Are you looking to get into the same situation that brought you here in the first place? The more cards you have, the more payments you have to monitor/make, and the more balances you have to carry.......because remember.....a bunch of cards with 0 balances also makes you unattractive to creditors. I think some of you need to go back and review the principles of creditworthiness discussed ad nauseam on this site.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill for some of you, but a bunch of under $500 cards does not an attractive credit profile make. In fact, it makes you appear to be desperate for credit to creditors. It is much wiser to concentrate on cards that have a known history of graduating or offering automatic credit increases after a set amount of time, such as the B of A 99/500, Target Red Card, Chevron/Texaco card, etc... Bide you time with cards like these, keep the utilization below 10%, and they will turn into cards with decent limits if you are PATIENT.

I started off with scores in the mid 400s a couple years ago. I focused on using the principles on this site to clean my credit report. After I did everything I could, I waited for about a year before applying for ANY credit. I only have 3 cards and the obligatory CJ account, and my scores are now in the mid 700s on all 3 reports; straight FICO scores. My cards have all graduated and/or grown to decent limits in about a years time.

Quite frankly, many of you scare me with these long lists of credit cards. Are you looking to get into the same situation that brought you here in the first place? The more cards you have, the more payments you have to monitor/make, and the more balances you have to carry.......because remember.....a bunch of cards with 0 balances also makes you unattractive to creditors. I think some of you need to go back and review the principles of creditworthiness discussed ad nauseam on this site.

Well put. Quality not quantity. I did the app spree thing when getting credit established after getting most of the collections and other bad marks taken care of. I have all but 2 cards at a $0 balance now. The cards that don't get any real use are the ones that are on the way out. The Cap One is my second oldest card at just over 2 years old, but its getting closed. Just "sock drawering" it might sound like a great idea to some, but its an open account that could get compromised and get hit with fraudulent charges. As some accounts get CLI's, take a look at the CC's with the lower limits that you have had for a while and if you don't use them, get rid of them.

EECU Visa - $600 (should double at 1 year with good history)

EECU MC - $1000 (should double at 1 year with good history)

HSBC MC - $300 (firing next week at 12 months)

Cap1 Visa - $500 (should be getting a new CLI next month)

Orchard MC - $300 (fired at 12 months)

Crown Jewelers - $1500

Kohls - $350 (considering firing since they won't CLI)

BofA 99/500 - $500 (should mature next month)

FP MC - $250 (fired at 12 months and it felt GREAT!)

Wells Fargo Secured MC - $1500 (keeping for now since it's my oldest TL at 18 months)

Currently at 19.6% util. Down to 9% after payments post.