ribbit1072

OMG, Guess What I got? NAVY FED

Checking and Savings, and the nRewards Visa and the goRewards Mastercard and they each have $12,000 limits! ::celebrate:: I almost fell out of my chair!

If you don't mind what kind of scores do you have? I think NFCU pulls equifax

If you don't mind what kind of scores do you have? I think NFCU pulls equifax

It's actually my DH, I'm working on his credit now. They do pull EQ and his Fico is 610.

It's actually my DH.

lololololol. did you hit the button? i got my bf in..and I got him the visa, mastercard AND navcheck...for a total of 35k...:twisted: and didn't cost me anything for the rush! :lol:

lololololol. did you hit the button? i got my bf in..and I got him the visa, mastercard AND navcheck...for a total of 35k...:twisted: and didn't cost me anything for the rush! :lol:

Yeah, I know all about the rush, LOL. I about had a heart attack because he can't even get a Target card! Did you get all three at the same time? I thought about applying for the NAVcheck, but didn't want to push my luck. He actually is the one with the "In" but doesn't have a clue about how all this works, I'm having him add me tonight and I'm gonna see what I can get, my scores are 75 points above what he has, but he has a $90,000 income.

Have they asked for proof of income? :wink: You know, like Penfed does.

Not yet, but I got W2's ready to go! We actually applied to Penfed, and they would let us in, but wanted us to know that there "would be a hold placed on any checks a minimum of 9 days, due to information found in your credit file", which we would have done, but then NFCU accepted us, so we got a better deal.

u have to be a member before u get the nvisa right?

Yep, you have to be a member.

And I wouldn't worry about proof of income. If they really wanted to know, the Credit Committee would have contacted you before granting the limit.

Believe me, I know. My first card with them I had to send proof, and then when DH and I applied for our pre-approved car loan it took them almost 2 weeks to verify our employment.

Congrats on the new cards and welcome to Navy Fed! :)

I applied a few months ago and was denied- got a secured nrewards card- at the time my FICO EQ was <600-- right now its >615-- and rising- I will have another collection removed next month--- should I try for the Nrewards MasterCard? or wait until i have my secured card awhile?- i hoping to eventually re-finance my auto loan through them.

i applied for all the two cc's one day and then the loc the next. the cc's were instant. the loc took two weeks because of his address on his dl's and w-2's not the same as mine. i changed all mine when we moved..he didn't. :roll: but he was approved for all of them.

i had an ollllllllllld co with them from back in 98. way past the reporting time. i didn't even know about it till i went to sign my dd up for an acct. i paid it off about two weeks ago. they approved me for a 7.5k nrewards visa last week. gotta love nfcu!! :WuvMe:

Not yet, but I got W2's ready to go! We actually applied to Penfed, and they would let us in, but wanted us to know that there "would be a hold placed on any checks a minimum of 9 days, due to information found in your credit file", which we would have done, but then NFCU accepted us, so we got a better deal.

Since it already cost you a hard pull I would go ahead and join Penfed. They are both great credit unions.

I was denied the Navcheck LOC but got an $8k card and a $5.5k card from them which isn't too bad. ;)

Guys is Navy Fed like Penfed, where you can pay to join even if you have no navy, army, etc. connections?

Thanks for the reply! I was looking at that same thing and wondering if there was just some other way I could get in. But no can do....... :(

Thanks! :)

Cap1kid,

Initially when I applied for the credit cards I was denied as well. I followed the advice on here and applied for a secured loan. I never touched the money, every two weeks I would pay the loan from my checking account. I started paying one month before the payment were supposed to start. After 3 months I paid the loan off, and waited another month and applied for the Visa Rewards card and was approved, then I applied for the Master card and then the LOC about two weeks ago as well and was approved.

I'm so excited........Today I was approved for the Amex Sky Miles Card, to some it means nothing, but to me it was no small feat. xdancex

So please don't lose hope with NFCU...

I'm with Penfed but I was wondering if you have to be a member of the Navy or have a family member who is to get accepted, thanks :)

I would qualify under the Family Member, however, both grandfathers have passed. Since it looks like they had to have been members first, guess I'm out of luck too. :(

Congrats to those of you who did though!!!!! :D

Penfed actually turned me down the first time but I read if you were an educator that they would acept you. I have a Visa CC with them with a $15,000 CL and my carloan thats almost paid off !!

You can get in if you or any family member is or was a member of the Armed Forces. If you get in with a family member, they have to join too.

my father in law was in the Navy, so I'm certain that my wife and I could apply because of it.......but the thing is, that's not the kind of info I want to ask of my father in law, he's kind of odd in the ways and means of finances (he'd think I was broke if I asked him for this info). Is there another way around it? I remember when I tried to sign up it asked for some kind of military ID or something.

Got luv from NFCU also, my dh opened a savings, checking, e checking and a visa platinum with cl of $3k. his equifax(which is what navy fcu pulls) is 594.