virtualrn

This makes me sick!!!!

This is just pack mentality-this poor girl was beaten for 30 minutes by 6 peers and it was all videotaped to be put on myspace.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24009077/

OK, so the really sick twist is Dr. Phil bailing one of the girls out and her requesting the judge let her off of house arrest so she can go to church, get a job, and travel out of state to meet with the media regarding this case :confused:

Makes me sick, too. I hadn't known before this article that the victim had been thrown out of her own home. She sounds like a troubled young lady, but I hope her parent’s regret putting her on the streets. She's just a kid for god's sake.

The rat packing really pisses me off.

I have a troubled niece in her early twenties so this story really gets to me.

I hope they come down hard on the attackers, but keep some perspective and realize that this type of crap is the world these young ladies live in. The attackers need to REALLY learn the lesson here, but shouldn't have the rest of their lives ruined. I hope the kid that got wupped gets the help she needs.

Geez... where's the answers...

What is wrong with that mother?

She thinks her daughter didn't do anything wrong!!

This whole thing is just really sad.

Nancy Grace has been orgasming over this case for months, since it happened. I think she personally wants to go beat the crap out of the girls.

Facing charges of battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping are Mercades Nichols, 17, Brittini Hardcastle, 17, April Cooper, 14, Cara Murphy, 16, Britney Mayes, 17, Kayla Hassell, 15, Zachary Ashley, 17, and Stephen Schumaker, 18.

The story eludes to this, but everyone of these people should be charged as adults. I'm not sure why there is even a question - even the 14 and 15 yoa. There needs to be serious jail time, and restitution that will haunt the people for years to come.

That mom needs jail time for being a complete idiot.

The thing is, too often now days parents are having these fits because their children are being "prosecuted" and not letting them take responsibility for their actions.

This is causing a lot of children to grow up never having realized that their actions have consequences.

It's totally cool to want to protect your children, but there is a time and place where you let them take the heat for what they have done.......

obviously some parents don't see it that way.

The thing is, too often now days parents are having these fits because their children are being "prosecuted" and not letting them take responsibility for their actions.

This is causing a lot of children to grow up never having realized that their actions have consequences.

It's totally cool to want to protect your children, but there is a time and place where you let them take the heat for what they have done.......

obviously some parents don't see it that way.

Very true. Why do you think the world is as f'd up as it is now? No responsibility for actions. No accountablility. Nowadays it is just the old to each his own, let's not offend anybody type of attitude. Used to, your friends would tell you when you were doing wrong, your parents would, even your associates would. Now, nobody wants to get involved, appear to be judgemental, etc. Sorry but I get kinda worked up on this topic. :lol: I Just feel like the world is taking one big moral nose dive. Not that I'm perfect or anything but ya'll know what I mean. :lol:

I can't help but to agree with Denn! I was not beat when i was growing up but when i was out of line i got a spanking! Put me rite back in line, i think it helped to respect my parents more. These young people now a days have no respect for other people! It is all me me me me!

I can't help but to agree with Denn! I was not beat when i was growing up but when i was out of line i got a spanking! Put me rite back in line, i think it helped to respect my parents more. These young people now a days have no respect for other people! It is all me me me me!

I by no means advocate "beatings" or child abuse. In fact, I am strongly against anything like that. I consider smoking in a vehicle with a child to be child abuse, if that lets you know how much of an overprotective "type" parent I am. I also think spankings should be used with some descretion. If it paid better, I would go into social work to help protect children from deadbeat and abusive parents. But sadly, in my area, degreed social workers barely make 25k/year. In fact, I think they make less. Really really sad. :twisted:

I disagree. Parents who spank, do it because they aren't in charge emotionally. It's a weak strategy.

Not true, but I see where you're coming from. But I'm not gonna get into a spanking ethics debate with ya. Because people on either side are really passionate about their position, it could go really really bad. It is the same thing as a discussion on abortion or politics for instance. People just have really strong opinions on these types of topics. :)

I'd get 2 or 3 with a belt from Dad if I REALLY screwed up. The best thing though, was he made me go get the belt! I can remember it to this day. I think it only happened 2 maybe 3 times before I got the message. I have a great Dad and had a the greatest mom. :)

Agreed. I too, do not believe in parents kicking the crap out of their kids, but a stern lesson that there are consequences to one's actions is part of teaching kids how to behave.

I disagree. Parents who spank, do it because they aren't in charge emotionally. It's a weak strategy.

I hate spanking my kids, and normally it is resorted to last. However, I - and others I know that spank - are in no way lacking emotional control.

I think there are appropriate times for a time out, a lecture, and a good ol' spanking; the most effective discipline in my opinion is a combination of them all depending on the situation. Most kids I know that are not spanked at all for whatever reasons are usually the trouble makers.

In addition, DeannaTX is correct; we'll never settle the issue because people are just too passionate. A lot of it is how one is raised.