Received motion for dismissal from plaintiff

Today I recieved something totally unexpected. A certified letter informing me of a Motion for dismissal without prejudice from a plaintiff which received a Summary Judgement from me exactly two years ago (give or take a few days). I made several posts on this site concerning this and received great advice.

They received the judgement in June 2006, because of mistakes on my part and I was resigned to the fact that I owed them the money and when circumstances were right, I would try to pay up. There was minimal contact from them after this, I was never actually given an actual amount.

But today I receive this motion and was floored. It said that they "no longer wish to pursue its claims in this matter." Not that I'm complaining, but why would they do this? They had the judgment, though they couldn't do much with it because I live in Texas, but what would make them just drop it? Kind heart?:roll:

Is there I should expect because of this? The account hit the SOL in 2006 before the judgment, so I don't think they can bring it up again.

Is there I should expect because of this? The account hit the SOL in 2006 before the judgment, so I don't think they can bring it up again.

if it hit SOL before the judgement, then you should have used that as an affirmative defense.

anyhow, they probably realized this error, and actually decided to make it right, ha, yeah right. they realized they couldnt get any money from you and decided not to waste anymore of their time.

it should be motion to dismiss with prejuduce being out of SOL.

One more thing. The dismissal says that the "Plaintiff to bear all costs" Does that mean they aquire any legal expenses incurred on my part of defending this?

I would think thats what it means. if they are asking to dismiss then they should have to pay you for all the costs and fees you have shelled out for this claim. I would type up a nice bill for them and send it over.