JustaTexan

For those of you who have lost somebody close...

I know this is totally weird and may freak some people out, but I am just curious about something. I don't have alot of "in person" friends who have lost somebody close to them, so I hope you guys don't mind me asking ya'll.

In mid-March I lost my grandmother. She was like my mother in almost every way. We were very close. When it first happened it was like I could barely even cry and felt numb. This past month, that numbess seems to have worn away and I can feel everything. It may sound totally pathetic, but sometimes I look forward to the funny commentary on some of these threads to give me a chuckle. :oops:

Anyhow my question is, for those of you have lost somebody close to you, do you ever "feel" them with you? I tried to talk to my father about this but he kinda seemed weirded out, so I left it alone. I guess he is not ready to talk about it that deeply yet. Like I know this isn't the movies, where you feel like a wind blow past you or you hear their voice, but I don't feel a thing. I thought I would atleast dream about her, dream she was talking to me or something, but I don't. I feel nothing. I don't sense her around me or anything like that. I'm starting to doubt she will "always be with me," like she told me on her deathbed. I'm just starting to doubt all that I used to believe in. I know this is kinda deep and sorry to weird some people out.

Anybody have any similar experiences? Anybody out there who can feel the "presence" of a loved one passed?

• Like 1

Yes many times, I even saw John Edwards after my father died...

Sometimes I see them for a flash, sometimes I hear them...you are not alone...it's funny you posted this at the same time I just posted a new post too...

Sometimes they visit me in dreams, sometimes they scare the hell out of me becuase I don't understand...

For sure Deanna.

I believe their spirits contact us from time to time to make sure we know they cared, and are aware of what's happening in our lives.

Whocares: John Edward is great, isn't he? How wonderful that you got to see him.

Z

Yes many times, I even saw John Edwards after my father died...

Sometimes I see them for a flash, sometimes I hear them...you are not alone...it's funny you posted this at the same time I just posted a new post too...

Sometimes they visit me in dreams, sometimes they scare the hell out of me becuase I don't understand...

I know, we posted at almost the same exact time. Kinda cooky huh? :shock:

I am so glad that you guys are feeling the presence of your loved ones. It gives me hope that one day I will feel her. I just want to so badly. Her sickness hit her so quickly that I just didn't have much time to spend with her. We found out she was sick in Feb, then in March she passed. I just wanted more time.

Hopfully I will feel some sort of a presence or just some kind of connection with her soon. Just something, ya know?

Deannatx,

Yes! I lost grandma in '01 (she was like a second mom to me), then mom in '05 & sister in '07. I feel them all the time. I once was terrified because DH and kids were out of town and suddenly became frightened all alone. I started to ask grandma for some protection and I kid you NOT! I felt someone sit on my bed, I don't have any pets! :shock: The strange thing is that instead of it freaking me out I felt this peaceful feeling. I knew at that moment that my grandma was comforting me. I thought how could that be? I thought ghosts were spirits so I should not feel the bed sink like that. But I believe it was a sign from her. I stated crying but fell asleep knowing she was right by side. Mom was still alive when this happened and when I told her about it she also felt strongly that it was grandma taking care of me. Since that day I will never doubt their presence. Just the other day I was in bed and again DH out of town. I had to turn around twice because I felt someone standing next to my bed, I had been facing the wall. I just said goodnight to grandma, sis & Mom in my mind and feel asleep peacefully. You have to clear you mind of any negative thoughts and open you mind to their presence. You will feel them, and you will know when that is, you have to believe! I do! :)++

Yes I liked John Edwards he is remarkable

Deanna, don't be afraid and leave your heart open, I don't think they can come when they want to...or maybe she is waiting until a time when things are calmer for you...Just be it will happen and wait, sometimes subtle and sometimes not, but usually they come to us very calm and reassurring...

I will pray for peace for you...

You aren't crazy, it's just the numbness wearing off. My mother passed away last year and my grandmother passed away in 2004. When my grandmother passed away almost every night for 4 months I had such a realistic dream that I picked up a phone and had a clear conversation with her in each and every dream. She would tell me about how she was doing so much better now and that it was peaceful where she was, then she would go into how we're all taking it and how my family was doing over the funeral. Hell, at the 1 yr anniversary of her death, I was pregnant and ready to go into labor at any time, I was also in a wheelchair because of the pregnancy. Well that night my DF had to work the Bingo hall at my son's school so he took me with him in case I went into labor. That day, I was already a mess because I was on leave already and the money I was getting couldn't keep up with the bills and food. We had no food and I had no idea how we were going to make it for 2 weeks. That night I played and asked my grandma for help. Would you believe, out of 8 bingo games I won 7 of them!! I had people rubbing my belly and others that would have either robbed me or stabbed me on the spot for how much money I won. Well, my grandma took care of us with that and we were able to get food and badly needed shoes for the kids.

As for my mom, I see her all the time. I catch her as a shadow out the corner of my eye and even posted about it not too long ago as to how it's creepy when you're all alone and you see that no matter how used to it you get. Oh hell, I was in my car and turned to look in the passenger seat and my mom was there all of a sudden clear as day and she told me she liked my new, it was actually used, car and she really like the leather seats, and said "lets go bumming" as she was putting on her sunglasses. Then she was gone in a flash, as quickly as she showed up. When she was alive I was always taking her to her doctor appts and making side trips for ice cream and lunch. She always loved going bumming and "shotgun" was always her seat. :D

Yes I'm weird and I've been known to see things, I even have my 2 deceased cats hanging around. They look pretty cool too. I occasionally have family members ask me if I have talked to either of them and if they sent any messages. :lol:

I've felt the presence of those who have passed on, and several people have heard and sensed the presence of a dog my mother had for years that died over 10 years ago.

I've seen john Edwards' show a couple of times, and he does put on a good show, but I think he is a fraud. If you really listen to him, he leads on the people in his audience into revealing the things he claims he is getting from the other side.

Heres what John edwards told me...

He reached my father, he said he was looking for Jean, and that Jean was named after her father...Eugene...coincidence??? I think not. He knew my dad died riding a motorcycle...and that my dad had a large scar on his chest...those are not things I told him and Jean is a rare name as far as I'm concerned, if he had said Dave or something I would have been more hesitant

I think they may have people who can see and hear as well as we can, he's just more in tune....BTW he told me my Dad said he was wrong...and that meant the world to me.