legend

the BIG 3 maintain seperate older database for corps?

I had a sears card 10 years ago that I couldn't pay. I fell off my bureaus years ago as the 7 years hit. I just applied for one after all this time and they pull an Equifax bureau. I have NO negatives on Equifax at all. A perfect report with a 730 score.

I was denied for "Existing delinquent payment history"? I have no delinquencies......

Is it possible that the Big 3 maintain a separate data base specifically for Corporations that lets them know I USED to have a card with them 10+ years ago? if not why would they deny based on this and with a 730 score?

CRAs keep a lot of information in their files. For most practical purposes they filter out all the older records, but there are a few exceptions in which they release the older info. Some of the reasons are if you are applying for employment with over 75K salary, life insurance over 150K, or a credit transaction for over 150K.

I would request a complete copy of my report, with whatever info they allegedly used to deny your application.

Wait, did you apply for another Sears card...or for another card with a different institution?

If you applied with Sears it sounds like they may have a blacklist and you may be on it.

Maybe it was Sears' internal records since you've had a card in the past.

Maybe it was Sears' internal records since you've had a card in the past.

Agreed.

Target does the same thing - so does AMEX and some others.

I think if they told you that you have delinquencies in your EQ CR and you can show there are none, it must be a violation of the truth in lending act and maybe the equal credit opportunity act.

When you are blacklisted, the creditor is supposed to tell you so as many creditors do, like Amerikaner83 suggested above.

They tell you flat out, you had a charge off with us, so no way Jose.