Missed a Pymt on Wedding Rings, Goodwill Letter?

FICOfreak

Hello :)

I just got married in October, and had the wedding and engagement rings for months prior, with a perfect payment history...

After the wedding and honeymoon, we moved to Arizona (from Ohio) and during that 3 weeks span and move/vacation, I missed a single payment on my Ashcroft & Oak account...

I was hit with $420 retro-fees and interest, as well as MY OFFICIAL FIRST bad mark on my credit score after over 6 years of credit history since I was in high school...

*Is there any way to have this one missed payment deleted from the "Big 3?" I can even prove I was literally on my honeymoon (plus U-haul receipts), and with that once in a lifetime event and also the cross-USA move, I simply overlooked this payment.

Try the good will letter explaining the situation through the normal channels then move up the chain until you get to the top if they tell you no. At least that would be my approach. If you get to the top and they still say no, well, at least you tried.

How late were you though? 10 days, 20 days or the actual 30 days late? Seems a bit harsh if you were only a few days late, got hit with the retro interest and fees and a 30 day late on your CRs if you weren't actually 30 days late.

OP -

You work for an OC (GEMB, right?) - I'm sure you know what works and what doesn't when dealing with OCs and late payments.

You mention a few weeks...were you only late on 1 payment or more?

And it's gonna be weird that you're now asking for leniency on a payment that was late almost a year ago...but hey, stranger things have happened.

I'd be all nice and call them up and let them know how much of a good customer you are, this accidental oversight was a huge mistake..blah blah blah...

Try the good will letter explaining the situation through the normal channels then move up the chain until you get to the top if they tell you no. At least that would be my approach. If you get to the top and they still say no, well, at least you tried.

How late were you though? 10 days, 20 days or the actual 30 days late? Seems a bit harsh if you were only a few days late, got hit with the retro interest and fees and a 30 day late on your CRs if you weren't actually 30 days late.

I was a week late... I actually had to use my birthday money the month after we got married to pay the $420 'back interest' I got hit with. I think I was 5 or maybe a max of 10 days late.

OP -

You work for an OC (GEMB, right?) - I'm sure you know what works and what doesn't when dealing with OCs and late payments.

You mention a few weeks...were you only late on 1 payment or more?

And it's gonna be weird that you're now asking for leniency on a payment that was late almost a year ago...but hey, stranger things have happened.

I'd be all nice and call them up and let them know how much of a good customer you are, this accidental oversight was a huge mistake..blah blah blah...

I'm not asking for leniency, I've already paid over 400 dollars in the penalties months back, I just see it as one of the only glaring bad marks on my credit.

And working for GEMB hasen't offered an ounce of working with reporting agencies or getting deletions from the credit scores etc, only how to collect money and use delegated authorities to collect.

I can help everyone out with what their exact rights are, and I can even tell them exactly what to say to collectors, since all of our phone calls are monitored and we meet with managers every other week for call reviews.

Anyway... I just want that missed payment to be deleted from all reports to improve my credit rating.

I was a week late... I actually had to use my birthday money the month after we got married to pay the $420 'back interest' I got hit with. I think I was 5 or maybe a max of 10 days late.

Well then, that changes things. If you weren't 30 days late, how can they report you as such? Interesting question you may want to bring up on your journey.

I personally have been late by a few days a couple of times on CCs simply from having my head stuck up my @ss and forgetting about them, got hit with the late fee, but didn't get hit with a 30 day late on my CR since I wasn't actually 30 days late. Seems to me they aren't reporting your status correctly.

Make a call to them and see what they'll do over the phone, then start your letter writting campaign if they won't help you the easy way.

Yep you can't be reported 30 days late if you were not that late.I think you will be stuck with the back interest & fees since most contracts have the default condition in there where you miss payment & all the fees come out of the wood work.

Yeah.... I learned the hard way. Back interest on a 4,000 diamond... are painful!

Anyway, I'm going to reiview my credit report from annualcreditreport, and see which of the 3 had me listed as delinquent with the jewelry store...

I remember the wedding ring was only listed as late or negative with one of the reports, and the only other thing negative over the past 6 years since I began my credit, was my apartment in Arizona, I stayed in and paid for rent 3 months on a 6 month lease before I had to move to Ohio after getting married..... wonder if there's anything I can do about that. I'm going to keep investigating the land lord laws and contract laws, they have me on collections for over $3,000. :evil:

For the apartment it would be a written contract lease as most are.Look over contract and see if there are any legal options to break lease.If there are no options you may be stuck with owing a legal debt there.Just make sure there records prove the debt as well as all charges they claim.