Oh, WaMu - How I Love Thee!

...This evening I logged into my WaMu account knowing that my statement just closed, WaMu just reported to the CRA's, and I wanted to check my little free FICO that they provide.

Lo and behold, I saw something nice.

WaMu finally reviewed my account and gave me a CLI of $1,000. It's my biggest CLI to date. Woo-Hoo!

So for those of you with WaMu cards who are wondering whether or not they actually review accounts (since they don't accept customer initiated CLI requests), they do - this was my 7th statement.

Awsome! I've been with WaMu for two years and never for a second thought about closing an account with them. (Except for one time I had to move to a place where there was no WaMu.)

Woo-Hoo!

Heh. That's actually one of there marketing campaigns... kinda...

woohoo.JPG?imgmax=512

Great job Lovebug!

I'm probably going to get a WaMu card as well here in the next month or so...gotta get that sucker score up to 700! They pulled EQ, yes? *hopeful*

I think they pulled TU for me here in the Windy City but I do believe that I've read on one of the CC pulls sites that they regularly pull EQ in other states. I hope they do - you really want this card. :)

I just applied for WaMu a few weeks ago and got approved with a 2K credit line. The card was here about 5 days after approval. Went on the Web site and applied.

Had a BK-7 in 05, but have been very good credit wise since then. They pulled TU, which was 687 at the time.

Just checked and my 7th statement drops 8/10/08. For the past couple months every single purchase I make under $10 (never over to teach myself some discipline) I put on my WAMU card hoping they'll appreciate my usage.

Also, anybody have any idea why my WAMU FICO score is consistently 30-40 points below my MYFICO score?

oh sooooooooo.......great LB !!! Yep, the seventh statement seems to be the charm. I also got my $1000.00 cli on my seventh statement, last month.:D

They pulled transunion for me, here in Cali. Fico was 680ish. Originally approved for the card at 650. I really love WaMu.

Congrats!!!!!!!::allhail::

My balance has been $900-$980 the last couple months on a $2000 limit. Do you think it would help at all if I made a large payment this month like $500.

I do worry that they might will lower me like AMEX did and I won't have my $1000 emergency money.

Well, that is awesome! I personally have been gone from the forum for a few months and it appears that you all have had a wonderful time getting things together, score increases and balance increases! That is so great to see!

Lovebug, good for you!

Just checked and my 7th statement drops 8/10/08. For the past couple months every single purchase I make under $10 (never over to teach myself some discipline) I put on my WAMU card hoping they'll appreciate my usage.

Also, anybody have any idea why my WAMU FICO score is consistently 30-40 points below my MYFICO score?

The WaMu FICO is your bankcard FICO, not your actual FICO. The WaMu score that you see is adjusted to basically represent your credit worthiness. I was a bit surprised too, but it's still nice to have.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

My 7th statement drops 8/10. My current credit limit is $2000 and really want the CLI. What is the most ideal balance to have for the CLI?

My account has never been over $985 but has been in the $900's the last couple months. I am going to make a payment Monday 8/4 of $130 but I was wondering if I should take some money out of my checking account to pay more and just use my WAMU card next month instead of my debit card.

My 7th statement drops 8/10. My current credit limit is $2000 and really want the CLI. What is the most ideal balance to have for the CLI?

I was at 50% utilization on the card when I got my WaMu cli. Maybe they like to see you really using the card. Anyway, that's how it went for me. I also noticed they did a soft pull about two weeks before the cli. Fortunately, all my other cards were paid off.

Hope you get some WaMu Luv..... ;)

My account has never been over $985 but has been in the $900's the last couple months. I am going to make a payment Monday 8/4 of $130 but I was wondering if I should take some money out of my checking account to pay more and just use my WAMU card next month instead of my debit card.

It's not about the balance...It's about your utilization. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Checked my account 10 times over the weekend waiting for my 7th statement to drop. It usually drops on the 10th but it was the 12th this month because of the weekend.

They increased me from $2000 to $3000 and since I did a small (only $400) BT when I got the card in 1/08 I have 0% interest until 8/09. Some say WAMU is prime and some do not but for me it is PRIMO!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 'promo offer' from WAMU the other day and was wondering if I dare give it a shot. I'm so very picky about credit card offers .. and very leery too. Sounds like people are having positive experiences with WAMU so maybe I will go for it.

If the terms look ok on the promo letter than I would say go for it. I got 0% interest for 18 months with a balance transfer. I transferred 400 from my Credit One Bank and then recently paid it off so I have a 0% interest credit card for another year. They are generous with CL and CLI's.