Oh, WaMu - How I Love Thee!

Even if you don't have a balance to transfer from another card. If it was me I would charge something on a card (maybe pay a bill or something) and transfer that balance. I had to pay like 18.9% on the BT but it is 0% on all purchase for 18 months so I have a 0% card for another year that I use for most purchases and pay no interest whatsoever.

I'd check with a CSR what the minimum BT you can have to get the deal.

I was reading everyones comments re: CLI for Wamu..and i decided to check their website and low and behold....They increased my CL for the second time. I have had this account for 1 1/2 years. My credit score according to Transunion on the wamu website is 703. I just wish the 13% rate would be lowered. But hey, anything to help my debt ratio not look so bad. Now i'm going to check the other cards I have. I started at 2000 now its 4000$ limit.

Do you know if they increased your CL on the 19th statement or just approximately 1 1/2 years. Sonce they increase on the 7th statement I wonder if they tend to increase on the 13th or maybe some other time.

I always like a CLI to look forward to (especially when I am expecting it on a certain date!)

I just got this email:

"We know you’re a great customer and we’d like to introduce you to the credit card designed especially for sports fans like you—The ESPN Total Access Visa® Card.

0% intro APR for 6 months on purchases and balances transferred now¹

No annual fee

The ESPN Total Access Rewards Program, featuring VIP sports experiences, sports merchandise and collectibles, and travel, retail, and dining rewards²

Free ESPN Sports Concierge Service

Special cardholder discounts from ESPN

2,500 Bonus Points after your first card use within one year"

They know I'm a customer and seem to be offering me either another card but I was wondering if anyone who loves thee WAMU like me, knows anything about it.

I just got this email:

"We know you’re a great customer and we’d like to introduce you to the credit card designed especially for sports fans like you—The ESPN Total Access Visa® Card.

0% intro APR for 6 months on purchases and balances transferred now¹

No annual fee

The ESPN Total Access Rewards Program, featuring VIP sports experiences, sports merchandise and collectibles, and travel, retail, and dining rewards²

Free ESPN Sports Concierge Service

Special cardholder discounts from ESPN

2,500 Bonus Points after your first card use within one year"

They know I'm a customer and seem to be offering me either another card but I was wondering if anyone who loves thee WAMU like me, knows anything about it.

Well I'm a WAMU customer as well-got that same letter a while back and they declined me, lol. My credit was probably not in that great of shape though.

We shall see exactly how much WaMu loves me. They upped my CL on the 7th statement by $1,000. I've been using my card literally to the top of my CL and paying it off in full every single month (including today's Apple purchases). So if they really love me, and I mean really love me, hopefully I will see another one at my 1 year mark. :)

I have been a WaMu CC holder since 2004, and they NOT given me a CLI. I have called them mutiple times about it. I even remember one year they lowered my CL, and since then, it has been the same.

I have an auto-debit happening each month on this CC, but maybe I should use it more. Switch it up from evey other month with the other CC I use and see what happens.

...but congratz to all that have been receiving WaMu love; maybe mine will come in the near future if I utilize it more often. Thanks for the tips :)!

WaMu looks for the following to grant CLI's:

1. Responsible usage of the card including never going over the limit and not coming too close to the limit.

2. Consistent utilization on the card.

3. Exceptional payment history.

So basically, if you have a $1,000 limit on your card and you've charged up 99.9% of that limit...Are paying only the minimum payment per month...Despite the fact that you're most likely paying them interest, they're notorious for NOT giving you a CLI. Especially in the position that they're in.

Thanks for the info, Lovebug. I'm going to start using my WaMu card more often starting next month and see what happens. I usually only use one CC only and sock drawer the rest, but I think I can dust this one off some to see if I can get some of the WaMu action. I'll keep you all posted...

• 2 weeks later...
Ut oh, they better let us keep our cards!

...it's pretty bizzare that we all were talking about WaMu just a few days ago, and now they are no more! The biggest bank fallout in US history! CRAZINESS is going on!

...Hopefully, Chase allows all of us to keep your cards and they convert over to Chase...that would be very interesting...late the later days unfold.

I called them this morning and was told that nothing would change. I said I was worried about my CL being reduced and the CSR told me that nothing like that should happen.

Only problem is she didn't sound very sure of her answers and when she said nothing would change it sounded like she was reading a standard answer that they were probably told to tell all of us concerned customers.

Who knows, maybe it will be a way to get my foot in the door with the ever elusive CHASE.

I'm glad I'm currently in a good financial situation and in no need for money or I would probably be doing something stupid like taking out a cash advance to close to my limit like I would have done before I started this credit repair process.

After just weeks on the job, Fishman could exit WaMu with $11.6 million

But thrift’s CEO may choose to forfeit all or part of his severance package

Don't let this happen write email your state officials now. Why do the CEO's get to walk out with millions after we get screwed?

September 26, 2008

Puck