Jump to content

Question Regarding which County to File Suit?

Recommended Posts

I was in correspondence with TRS Recovery some months ago, through which they violated the FDCPA roughly 20-something times. I planned to sue them, but have since moved to a different county. Do I have to sue them in the county I lived during the violations, or must I sue them in my new county? I have stayed within the same state, just simply moved to a new county within.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Your friend,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

§ 1‑80. Foreign corporations.

An action against a corporation created by or under the law of any other state or government may be brought in the appropriate trial court division of any county in which the cause of action arose, or in which the corporation usually did business, or has property, or in which the plaintiffs, or either of them, reside, in the following cases:

(1) By a resident of this State, for any cause of action.

(2) By a nonresident of this State in any county where he or they are regularly engaged in carrying on business.

(3) By a plaintiff, not a resident of this State, when the cause of action arose or the subject of the action is situated in this State.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my state, you may sue them in the county where their registered agent is. There is one company trying to collect on me in my state, but is not licensed here. When I called the county this time, they asked where the services were provided. That could be the county covered by what nascar posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.