County debt is serious PITA!!

oceans

Okay... tried paying county tax directly in person... no go.. so fired off the PFD to CA today CMRRR. We'll see. If they refuse, they get no money and guess I'll try writing the Director of DTA and the county commissioners that did the contract with the CA. Hopefully, it won't go there. We'll see.

Now, the same CA has another much larger debt for childcare from 2.5 years ago that I couldn't pay ($1860). Can't pay that one in full. Tried dealing with the county office that manages the program, but "nope"... contracted... must deal with CA. *sigh* Okay... so what kind of offer is recommended? PFD / never report (wasn't reported a month ago)? Offer a percentage (say 40%) or offer 18 monthly payments with no penalty for early pay-off (because I will pay it off earlier than that if I can)??

Finally, if the CA agrees to the PFD I sent today, is a postal money order or cashier's check better? Is a cashier's check tied to a bank account in any way? I asked the post office if I can confirm if a money order was cashed and was told that I would fill out a form and pay a small fee (around $4) and that if they show it wasn't cashed in 60 days they would send me another money order.

Thanks.

I could do this in 12 mos. instead of 18. Paying $155/mo. I can't do more than that. Send that offer, asking for paid as agreed while I'm making payments and deletion upon final payment... no penalty for early pay off????

Would like to put an offer in tomorrow's mail. Want to pay the debt... can't pay $1860 off in one lump sum. OC won't deal with me directly... I tried. Really no point in paying anything if they aren't going to delete. Guess they could garnish wages, but they have to go to court first to do that.

Really sucks that there is no incentive for debtors to pay their bills... same punishment applies either way. Feeling pretty discouraged. Maybe I'm just having one of those days. :dunno:

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon everyone. It's hot here... heat index near 100.