WAMU denying me for a previous account???

Hi all! Infrequent poster, everyday reader here. I recently applied for the WAMU Petsmart card based on recommendations here. I was declined, and according to the decline letter they sent, I was declined based on having a previous account with them. I HAVE to be missing something. I have several baddies, including First Premier, Orchard, Lane Bryant, and Macy's (Lazarus when I had them). Nothing for WAMU either directly or someone that they have bought out. My scores are kinda sucky, high at 585 (TU) low at 545ish. I know, horrible.

Any advice? I truly do not think that I have ever had an account with WAMU in any way, yet they deny me for this. Should I recon? Thanks for any wisdom that ya'll might offer!!!!!

No offense taken! I know my scores are in the crapper, I experienced a bit of a drop when I opened some new accounts a few months ago. I was approved for a Cap One, Hooters, and Target. I think I might just sit on those and let them age a bit. Thanks!

Those will help you a lot! Good plan.