AMEX / OASIS / Wagner & Hunt P.A.

INTHERED

OC is American Express Centurion / Green card

Went into collections April of this year. Balance is less than 4k.

Has anyone dealt with these guys before? Search yielded only one result. They seem to have a large share of American Express business.

This came from their website, www.wagnerandhuntlaw.com

"We are one of only three law firms nationally who serve as outside agencies for American Express and receive direct placements from them, a distinction that we have held for more than twenty years."

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone is dealing or has dealt with this particular firm before.

I recently DV'd them and they mailed me back every statement since the account was open.

Back in mid April I received the "RegainCarmembership" letter (this is Oasis right?) where they offer you the optima card.

Ultimate goal would be to PIF, obtain the Optima start fresh and have all negatives removed.

Related thread:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287474

If you want to get into the Oasis program, I believe you can contact AMEX directly to get into the program. They'll probably pull it back from the CA, but I don't think all of the negative history will be deleted.

Hey Swirlgirl, When I'm ready to pay up I am going to try and deal directly with AMEX as my first choice but I think they are just going to send me back to Wagner & Hunt.

In the Regain Cardmembership letter one of the paragraphs reads like this:

"This offer is for a limited time, so you must act immediately. Our records indicate your account is currently being collected for us by Bruce E Wagner, P.A.. In order to receive this offer, please call them at 1-800-777-2602 to arrange for payment of your account and have the pre-qualified Optima Card application sent to you. The faster you respond, the sooner you can begin to use and enjoy your Optima Card. This communication is an attempt to collect a debt."

Call them and tell them you're going to pay off the balance. You can do it in installment payments. I have to say they are really, really nice to deal with, believe it or not.

The new account is actually your old account, so depending on how long ago you opened it, you'll get a nice boost, history wise.

Call them and tell them you're going to pay off the balance. You can do it in installment payments. I have to say they are really, really nice to deal with, believe it or not.

The new account is actually your old account, so depending on how long ago you opened it, you'll get a nice boost, history wise.

Are you talking about AMEX or Hunt & Wagner?

Are you talking about AMEX or Hunt & Wagner?

The Amex offer to regain membership.

The CL will be 1/2 of what you owe. If you request old statements, they'll also send them to you. There is also no inquiry for the new card - they don't run your credit.

It's a nice offer for rebuilding.