maaj

$6300 instant approval !!!!

The other day I was at the mall to return something and walked past Kay Jewelers. Well I stopped in to browse for a wedding band since I am getting married in October. The matching band for my engagement ring costs $900 and I wanted to see if I could find something that would look ok for less until we had the $900 for the matching band. Well I found something that looked great and told her to try to run my credit. I did not think I would really get approved. My credit is nowhere near perfect. Next thing I knew she was informing me that I was approved for $6300!!!!!

SHOULD I APPLY FOR ANYTHING ELSE SOON SINCE I WAS APPROVED FOR THAT MUCH?? OR SHOULD I JUST NOT GET GREEDY AND CHILL FOR A WHILE??

Whew now we have one less big expense for the wedding AND I know my credit is getting better and better~!!!!

I just noticed that I have not been on this board in about 6 months, well this credit approval kicked me back in gear because I am ready to get back at this credit repair some more.

Search the board for "sterling trifeca". The short version: Also apply for credit at JB Robinson and Jared since all three brands are owned by the same company. Sterling lets you share the same CL between their brands, but they report as separate TLs.

Search the board for "sterling trifeca". The short version: Also apply for credit at JB Robinson and Jared since all three brands are owned by the same company. Sterling lets you share the same CL between their brands, but they report as separate TLs.

Thanks for the information. I will cetainly do this!!

I have all 3 and it's great for utilization...

Congrats and please don't go nuts.

Ha ha, thanks and I promise I won't!! I feel bad that I did apply for the other 2, but I did. No more though. I am happy with getting approved for that much! I have waited and worked too long to get my credit even where it is today!

:mrgreen:ARE YOU SERIOUS???? So I POSSIBLY just got an additional $18,000 of credit line???? WOW!

Well then how quickly does that start to show because I can't wait to see what my scores are going to do. That will be a HUGE help on my utilization!!! I am soooo excited now!!

I went today and applied for a Lowes card and got approved for $900!! I bought some paint, a paint brush and a drop cloth for my bathroom and did not get ANYTHING ELSE. I will pay off that $75 when the bill comes and then I guess next month I may go and charge the 2nd bathroom supplies and then pay that off. It feels great being able to get credit again. :lol: I am done....done......done with new cards for a while. I am sure my scores will take a major dip once all of my new cards hit my reports but I know they will come back up and hopefully rise in time.

Congrats! That's awesome!

Looks like you've got a good assortment of cards! :)

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing when I was typing the signature. I did not realize I had so many. That also does not include the Nissan Armada and Nissan Titan that I have as good lines on my credit as well. That is almost another $70,000 in good credit!! Now those are new but all of my credit cards have less then half on them and I plan to keep them that way!!

Can I ask what your score is? I wan to apply but want to know what my chances are first.

I am sorry, I work on credit very sporadically (life is crazy with 2 sets of twins in the house :shock:) so I do not always see things directed at me timely.

Around the time that I got those cards my fakos were:

TU: 560 EX: 652 EQ: 617

Update: I applied for Kay Jewelers in store, I was approved for $6300, but apparently they give you a higher limit while in the store when you are first approved. My actual CL on each card is $5,000. I bought a $100 necklace from Kay to get it reporting, well all THREE cards are reporting each $5,000 limit!!