AboveAverage

Got a response from Cavalry

I have tried to search for the answer to this and I can't seem to find what I need.

I DV'ed Cavalry and received a response saying they "verified" my debt. They sent me a copy of an old Sprint bill for 700 dollars. I don't have any signatures. It's on an old address. At this point, what else can I do? Do I wait them out for a few years or do I have recourse? Should I pay or settle? I tried offering my own PFD settlement, but they do not want to do it. HELP!

How old is it? If it's old, I'd wait a few years. Old stuff doesn't really affect your score that bad after two years or so.

How old is it? If it's old, I'd wait a few years. Old stuff doesn't really affect your score that bad after two years or so.

3/07

It's just starting to be an annoyance.

3/07

It's just starting to be an annoyance.

If the debt is yours, I would talk to sprint. Get them to pull it back from collections and pay them directly. That way the CA can't report it any longer. That worked for me on some medical collections.

If the debt is yours, I would talk to sprint. Get them to pull it back from collections and pay them directly. That way the CA can't report it any longer. That worked for me on some medical collections.

I'm gonna try doing just that. Hopefully I get somebody cool. I'll call them Monday. I don't mind paying it, but only if it removes the item from my report. Sprint needs the money....I need one less baddie. If this works, than I will only have 2 baddies on my TU report...Everybody wins.

I'll let you know how I do.

I have tried to search for the answer to this and I can't seem to find what I need.

I DV'ed Cavalry and received a response saying they "verified" my debt. They sent me a copy of an old Sprint bill for 700 dollars. I don't have any signatures. It's on an old address. At this point, what else can I do? Do I wait them out for a few years or do I have recourse? Should I pay or settle? I tried offering my own PFD settlement, but they do not want to do it. HELP!

DO NOT SETTLE OR PAY THEM...

I sent an online BBB complaint on them...stating that I have disputed this account serveral times and all they did was send me a copy of a bill that I am unfamiliar with...this was the BBB's response

The Better Business Bureau has presented your complaint to Cavalry Portfolio Services in an attempt to resolve this matter to your mutual satisfaction. As a result of these efforts, Cavalry Portfolio Services has agreed to the following resolution:

The business states that they close their file and cease all collection efforts with respect to this debt.

Included with this letter is a form asking whether the business performed as promised. To help us get the best results for you, please fill in and return this form, noting whether the business has complied with the terms of the mediation. Your comments are also most welcome. The form can be returned to any of the addresses shown at its top: by email to Complaints@newyork.bbb.org, by fax to 212.477.4912, or by mail to Better Business Bureau, 257 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10010.

Thank you for giving the Better Business Bureau this opportunity to assist you. We hope we were helpful.

A week later they were off all of my reports

• Like 1

Dude, if this works, I promise you I owe you a hoagie or cheesesteak! I just finished filing the complaint and I am keeping my fingers crossed but not betting the farm on it.

I think while I'm at it I will do this to one more creditor...an OC who sold my debt to a JDB that can never profit from it...ever...can't hurt.

I will let you know how it turns out. It does by me some time before I perform checkmate. I feel like I'm against a bunch of pawns with only a rook, bishop and king. Can still win, but it's gonna be hard.