maaj

My fiance just got approved for Target Visa for $5000

I can't believe it. His credit is actually a little worse then mine. He applied online last night and he just told me about it. I asked him why he did that without me knowing (I was not being mean just sarcastic) because he knows I know how everything works.

I told him he should have applied in store instead of online. So I gave him the CS phone number and had him call, she told him that he was approved for $5000.

Now I am wondering if I should apply. The problem is that I had a target account many many many years ago. I have gotten rid of both the CA and the OC from my reports, I tried last year sometime and was not approved. I wonder if I applied again would I get approved????

His report is not that great. Now I am not sure of FICO's, but his FAKOS are:

TU: 587

EX: 577

EQ: 588

He has a 30 day late on a car loan last August 2007, that account is closed paid and current.

He has something from Global Checks that I need to work on getting rid of. A check from his account that someone stole and bought PIZZA at Papa Johns, lol.

He has a car that was repossessed in 2001 or 2002. This account has been chargedoff and guess who has it??? CRAP 1, I think I need to really research this because the 7 years should be close by.

CA's:

Arrow, this is close to the 7 years

AFNI (Cingular)

Central Credit Solutions

I was in low 600s with 8 month old BK7 and they gave me 300 Redcard. Then two years later they upgraded to Visa (now at $1500). For those with crappy credit like mine, the RedCard is usually the way in.

Well I know the story has been told many times here, but I've got all three scores within single digits of 700 and nothing derogatory on my reports...and my Target RedCard is now three years old with high utiliziation and monthly PIF...and still with a CL of 500. and no Visa conversion.

I really am beginning to believe the conversions don't exist and that 500. is the cap on RedCards.

Oh and they almost never softpull for me - once about five months ago was the last.

Well I know the story has been told many times here, but I've got all three scores within single digits of 700 and nothing derogatory on my reports...and my Target RedCard is now three years old with high utiliziation and monthly PIF...and still with a CL of 500. and no Visa conversion.

I really am beginning to believe the conversions don't exist and that 500. is the cap on RedCards.

Oh and they almost never softpull for me - once about five months ago was the last.

Yeah I've pretty much given on up Target. This month is my 2 year anniversary and no love. I'm still at the same ol' $500 limit. I'm thinking when my collections fall off, I'm just gonna close the store card and apply for the VISA. :)

My conversion was a couple of years ago. Credit has tightened up considerably. Target has one of the highest default rates across the board so it is totally possible that the bank underwriting Target Visa (Target Bank) has decided not to extend anymore credit lines to RedCard holders. That could explain the sudden drop-off on conversions which were at one point automatic.