Lawyer wont leave me alone.

BTO429

I did not have a retainer. I never paid her a dime for on. She never filed a single piece of court docs. All we did was talk for about twenty minutes and she told me what she would do I told her I want support to stop because my son lives with me. I called her the next day to tell her that if she can't stop the support then I will go some where else. I called out of courtesy to let her know I was not going to hire her. The next day I had a voice mail to call her that she may be able to help. I called and she still did not want to do what I wanted.

M main problem is she keeps dragging me back in court every month.She got the judgment somehow before I got to see the judge. I never had a chance for discovery or anything. She said I made a payment arrangement with her but I did not.

Google FDCPA violations - listed are sites that maybe able to help...some will not charge if they don't win and if they do win maybe they can collect violations from her...how cool would that be!

Not sure if this lawyer's abuse qualifies under FDCPA laws. Maybe someone in the forum can clarify.

Another BTO tale full of inconsistencies. Some things never change.

So, I thought you worked for an airport? No mention of this being volunteer work, so I would assume a paycheck of sorts would be involved, no? I'm sure the lawyer is aware of that and there would be your explanation of why she keeps dragging you into court.

Her claim will not hold up as if the courts allowed her to prevail on this, it would tell each consumer in this country that they may not file complaints against any attorney or judge.

A consumer can say what they want about their experiences with any attorney or business they have dealt with. As long as it is the truth, there is no recourse. Exaggerate, or lie, different problem. File complaints against the judge with the Ethics Board as he is denying justice by basing his decisions solely on an attoney's comments, not the legally and properly filed claim. Do the same for attorney, as well as recontacting the bar. Use her current filing against her by stating as I did above. This will clearly demonstrate she is abusing her position.

To add, each time I have seen anyone retain an attorney, or saw the paperwork afterwards, both parties signed the paper denoting all costs and fees, as well as all pertient information for said representation. This was done at the end of the initial consultation and before any further actions were taken.

:lame:

You haven't posted since the end of July and then you feel you have to make comments like this???

Is there some reason why you felt compelled to denigrate BTO (this is not the first time you've done so)?

Do you actually have any intent to be helpful and if so, are such comments as the one above what you consider to be helpful?

• Like 1

::rockon::

You haven't posted since the end of July and then you feel you have to make comments like this???

Is there some reason why you felt compelled to denigrate BTO (this is not the first time you've done so)?

Do you actually have any intent to be helpful and if so, are such comments as the one above what you consider to be helpful?

Please refrain from personal shots in open discussions. Admin staff will deal with complaints that are brought to our attention. It is not necessary to vent the complaint in an open thread.

Hey Marine,

Some insight here as I've been trying to think what may help you. As to the support part of your thread. It is exactly what my oldest son went through. The short version is he regarined custody of his son. Went to the Welfare who had come after his money. They sent him to the DA. Both places he showed his papers. Both blamed the other, yet, neither resolved the problem. Hired an attorney, got no results. He remarried and from the beginning their IRS refund was withheld, resulting in his wife filing seperately. It did not matter what he did to get this done. In fact, it was found the "EX" had violated the Welfare Laws, but, they went after him as "It was easier to get it from you". Finally, in 2003, he got the DA to stop adding interest. Remember, the interest was the reason it got so high. He regained custody in late 1987 and this went on until 2004. He is now paid in full and no more problems. BTW, his son, then married with three children of his own, was killed in an auto accident on August 10, 2003. Understand I am not saying this looking for sympathy, I only want you to know the BS you may face in getting this mess resolved. At the same time, I do hope you stay the path and not give up.

In regards to this attorney, do not cave. It is obvious she is taking advantage of your not knowing the laws as she does. I would now try and use this against her. Such as, next time you go into court, be sure and point this out to judge. By this, you would simply state "How am I, as a citizen, a veteran, and consumer, able to ever find justice in any court when all I face are those properly trained while I am not properly trained in the laws or court proceedings?" Or, if by letter, respond as necessary. Not sure if this would help, but, why not go to the naca.net site and see if there is an attorney near you that you can contact in hopes of getting some help. Yes, they are consumer law, but, you never know, one may know of another, or, be interested in it themselves. If I can find something I'll let you know.

Stay strong!

Semper Fi!

USMC Retired

Vietnam 68-69

One of Ermey's "Boots"

As far as my job goes, you do not have the need to know or the clearance that is why I refrain from telling what I do.

FAA and DOD regulations.

I do not know why you would attack me like this as I have never said anything bad to or about you.

I will leave it at that, as this is not the place for an argument