AboveAverage

I can smell FICO 700 across the board....

All,

You know how you are close to home and you smell something good from your kitchen....but there is all this stuff in your way and you just can't get to that delicious goodness? I am starting to feel that way....by no means am I getting impatient...but at the same time, seeing my scores in the good land (well, my EQ myfico is technically not good, but my real ones are....EQ was the one that Sterling pulled), I'm wondering if what I'm doing will get me to 700s by the end of year, like I planned.

So far, I'm keeping utilization very low, and I think I'm going to stop apping for now. Based on my signature, is there anything I might personally be missing or not doing that will get my scores that 29-45 point jump I need? I'm still working on getting my deletes, but it's a pretty long process. I am definitely proud of the work I've done so far, I'm just wondering if end of the year for me is realistic with the scores I have.

Thoughts?

I have truly come to believe that low utilization and a serious period of time after the last deletes is what will bump scores.

I'm in the same boat as you , AA...waiting it out. I have one medical collection that's there until next April. I've got some nice prime credit lines with very nice limits. I've got the Sterling Trifecta. I've got an auto loan w/ great history almost paid off. No lates in well over five years. There's nothing else I can do except use the cards I have in moderation ... and ... wait....

Thanks Les, sometimes I just need a mini-reminder to keep doing what I'm doing. I have to remember too that there was a 4 month window I didn't do any apping because of the FA I had.

Sometimes I can be a bit impatient, but it sometimes gets hard when you know you're so close but you have to wait.

We'll both get there Les. Even if we have to get out of the boat and swim...we'll get there.

Thanks.

Congrats on the great scores! Mine are much lower than yours. I am not in much of a position to give advice but I can admire your scores!:lol:

I am proud of you! Keep up the great work! I am sure LeslieR is right by saying to keep "low utilization and a serious period of time after the last deletes is what will bump scores." :)%

• Like 1

The waiting game is terrible. Especially when you're waiting to see score jumps and they don't come as quickly as you like. :)

With the work that you've done thus far, you'll see it all pay off...I don't doubt that!

Ya smell something huh? Hmmm probably just Leslie and Lovebug romping around in the sand again. :lol:

Joking aside I think you have a good strategy! :)

Ya smell something huh? Hmmm probably just Leslie and Lovebug romping around in the sand again. :lol:

Joking aside I think you have a good strategy! :)

Between the romping around, and you giving some good rep....a guy can seriously lose his...mind... 8-)

For real...I have been doing so much reading on how slow it is to jump from where I'm at to 700 land....I really am just going to need my newfound "patients", and I'm not even a doctor, lovebug... :mrgreen:

Patience...it sucks...but I can handle it a lot better now than over a year ago. (sigh.....) Thanks ladies...you guys do rock.

Congrats on the great scores! Mine are much lower than yours. I am not in much of a position to give advice but I can admire your scores!:lol:

I am proud of you! Keep up the great work! I am sure LeslieR is right by saying to keep "low utilization and a serious period of time after the last deletes is what will bump scores." :)%

I'd be lying to you if I told you this was easy...there is always something challenging about credit repair. It is so easy to take all of my cards and spend like I got it.....but then fixing it will be hell.

You might feel a bit frustrated yourself with the process...(it's only human to do so). But when you do, you got us to spot you to keep going with the process.

Your words are both kind and appreciated. I truly do thank you. :)