teacherofec

student loan Question??

I have been diligently cleaning up my credit. Today I received an email alert that changes have been made on my credit report. I was astounded that a collection account had been posted for $4450 for a college I attended some 6+ years ago. I didn't receive anything from them other that this. I believe it to be a private loan as I have loans that are in deferment so I really don't know what it is. Should I DV it now? I already disputed it on line. I am trying to buy a house and really don't need this now! If any one can help me with this, you input would be greatly appreciated!

I have been diligently cleaning up my credit. Today I received an email alert that changes have been made on my credit report. I was astounded that a collection account had been posted for $4450 for a college I attended some 6+ years ago. I didn't receive anything from them other that this. I believe it to be a private loan as I have loans that are in deferment so I really don't know what it is. Should I DV it now? I already disputed it on line. I am trying to buy a house and really don't need this now! If any one can help me with this, you input would be greatly appreciated!

If it is a private loan that you have defaulted on, I would be more fearful of them suing you at this point in time.

Private loan will and do verify. Maybe work on getting it resolved would be the better option instead of having it blow up in your face.