swtprncess281

Swtprncess-Tracking my progress

Alright I’m making the commitment to clean this mess of a credit file I have. It’s hard putting all my foolish mistakes in black and white, but I think tracking it will make this much more rewarding. Anyone with tips on how to approach any of this please feel free to chime in. I’ve order the book “good credit is sexy” which I’m hoping is basically everything on this site in one location. So this is what I’m starting with….

FAKOS

8/20/2008 (TU/EX/EQ) 572/505/575

FICOS

8/20/2008 (TU/EX/EQ) 518/496/512

Open

HSBC – Current, No Late Pymt – 78% utilized

Capital One-Current, (1) 30day late in ’06 – $252 over the limit

American Honda Finance – Current, (4) 30 day late, (1) 60 day late in early ‘07

Sallie Mae – Current, (1) 90 day late ‘06

Closed

USA Financial – Paid as Agreed Balance $0

Applied Card-Current, Paid as Agreed -$308 over the limit Payment plan $38 mth

Sallie Mae – TEN separate accounts listed as closed after being consolidated to one loan.

Collection

Entergy GSU – 2006

Sallie Mae Servicing – 2000 – Listed 3 separate times Update-Deleted

Capital One Bank – 2008

Progressive Finance – 2008

T Mobile – 2007 Update-Deleted

Dr. Baker, DDS – 2006 Update-Deleted

Meadowpark Apts – 2006

Advance Cash – 2005 Update-Deleted

Copper Ridge Apts – 2002 Update-Deleted

Dr. Check Loans – 2002 Update-Deleted

Inquiries (2 years)

TU – 23

EX – 12

EQ – 31

WOW!! Now that I typed it, it seems even more impossible :cry:…wish me luck.

P.S. How do I add my scores to my signature?

Edited by swtprncess281
  • Like 1

Applied for Crown Jewelers to help with my utilization and was approved for 2500.

Got a little excited after reading some other post and also applied for Kays...denied!

Oh well. Guess I better focus on my disputes and take this one step at a time.

Thanks. I think everyone gets approved, but I'm still excited to have something.

use it for something cheap about every 6-9 months so they keep reporting.

Yeah. I ordered a watch so they could start reporting. I also typed all my dispute letters for inquiries and other baddies to send to the CRA.

I also created dispute letters for the companies who put the inquires on my account.

I typed my 623 letters so that they are ready once I start getting letters back from the bureau.

I have a few that i'm debating if I should DV or 623.

So I recieved my quarterly update from privacy assist today. I'm sure I should cancel this one now that I have truecredit. Anyway, one of my old collections have dropped off, Six Inquiries and another CA account that I DV'd has also fallen off. My scores on Privacy Assist must also be FAKOs because they are reporting as

TU 550

EX 553

EQ 559

But TrueCredit is reporting at

TU 572

EX 506

EQ 575

So My CJ card reported to EX today whooohooo. My utilization went from 132% to 47%!!! Now once I get my Cap One and Compass MC at least to 30% I should be even better. I'm not sure how long before Household (HSBC) sends my card..hopefully they report to all three bureaus like my Compass MC does.

I canceled Privacy Assist & will probably cancel TC. I'm doing the free trial of Credit Keeper and so far I like it a lot better. It gave me a real comprehensive explanation of what is negatively effecting my score and numbered them in order of the impact (1 being the biggest and 4 the smallest) It gives me a good starting point. It also list which accounts are reporting differently across the board and which information is different. That also helps a lot.

My score on Credit Keeper is about 30 points lower then with TC, but I have to say, I've grown a little bit in the days since I started this. I've learned to not freak out for ever point that my score changes. I've learned to it is a combination of so many things that I just have to manage my debt responsibly and my score will reflect that. Not immediately (something else I'm learning) but in due time. I've also been pleasantly surprised at my reaction when getting approved for these 2 new cards. Previously I would immediately think about what I could pay with my new card or what I could buy that I really need for the house. Now it's almost like collecting xangelx I want them, but I'm more excited about NOT using them.

I got a message from TC when I updated today saying I needed to call in and verify my identity. After I did this I received my updated report which included a fraud alert. "I didn't add a Fraud Alert to my accounts" I think it may be because of the inquiries disputes I sent in, but both TU and EX on the same day??

Today I discovered the 'snowball method' excel spreadsheet and boy am I a happy camper. All I needed for my existing open accounts was a way to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" and this appears to be it. I did a search but didn't come up with anything on this site except a few quick ref. so it, but nothing detailed. If you want the link PM me, but it is a great tool if your goal is to truly be debt free. According to it's calculations, $200 additional toward my debt every month could put me out of debt (car, student loans, credit cards, personal loan) in Sept 2012...out of $42K worth of debt in 3 years. :multibounce: .

Today I discovered the 'snowball method' excel spreadsheet and boy am I a happy camper. All I needed for my existing open accounts was a way to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" and this appears to be it. I did a search but didn't come up with anything on this site except a few quick ref. so it, but nothing detailed. If you want the link PM me, but it is a great tool if your goal is to truly be debt free. According to it's calculations, $200 additional toward my debt every month could put me out of debt (car, student loans, credit cards, personal loan) in Sept 2012...out of $42K worth of debt in 3 years. :multibounce: .

Isn't it neat seeing how you can make progress? I love crunching the #'s and seeing what all of my options are. Almost like a natural high for me. (I know I have issues :oops::lol:)

I second DD's "You go Girl!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Isn't it neat seeing how you can make progress? I love crunching the #'s and seeing what all of my options are. Almost like a natural high for me. (I know I have issues :oops::lol:)

I second DD's "You go Girl!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

THANK YOU!! I absolutely understand what you mean about the natural high. I got so excited changing up the numbers and seeing what would happen if I did this and that..it was WAY pass my bed time before I was able to put the computer down LOL.

I thought I would surely be paying on student loans FOREVER!! Between that is trying to validate the baddies, PFD, and Goodwill letters I feel a lot better. I'm considering canceling my credit monitoring. I kinda feel like it may be a distraction?! I don't know...just trying to stay focused.

Crown reported to TransUnion today and my FAKO jumped up 10pts whooohooo. Not sure what the FICO did, but hopefully it was just as good. Can't wait until December when all my CCs are down to 0% utilization.

Yeah! xdancex

I'll bet with 6 months of good payment history, it'll shoot up even more! :)

Thank you...ok, so I was so excited that I checked my FICO (I know, it's so expensive I should only be doing it qtr and swear I will fight the urge from now on) but.....It went from 518 to 563!!! :everybodyclap: Now, no more FICO checking until Jan. when I've paid all my CC's to ZERO! I canceled Privacy Assist & True Credit so I guess I'm even!

So something good came out of the storm...I went to Target since I couldn't find anyone else open and when checking out the lady ask me if I would like to apply for a Target card. Well I have nothing else to lose right now so I did it. Got the "App in Review" message so I called. After they verified my identity they said I should get me RedCard in 7-10 days. Only $200 but I needed a retail store card and since I love Target it works!!

That's great! You're having incredible progress! Keep it up!!

Well I mailed off tons of letters disputing inquiries and the results.....

Aug. 21 2008

Inquiries (2 years)

TU – 23

EX – 12

EQ – 31

Today

TU - 9

EX - 14

EQ - 11

I've been on a few app sprees so it could be lower :cry: but I'm happy with the results so far.

Also, I've been pulling Chase Credit Protection & True Credit everyday!

Swt P - Keep up the good work. Your progress shows the dedication, determination, and effort you have put forth. Everyone is proud of your accomplishments. Thanks for sharing - it gives others the strength to continue their journey.

Swt P - Keep up the good work. Your progress shows the dedication, determination, and effort you have put forth. Everyone is proud of your accomplishments. Thanks for sharing - it gives others the strength to continue their journey.

Thanks Delta!

Thanks for sharing - it gives others the strength to continue their journey.

Exactly! I just came across this thread and it's inspiring and motivating. CONGRATS on your progress! I can't wait for your next update. :)

I just went and collected every single "bill" I tossed aside at some point (but saved for some reason) and am going to wade through the paper that accompanies the items in my CR. Never thought I'd spend a Friday night doing this... ;-)