swtprncess281

Swtprncess-Tracking my progress

Exactly! I just came across this thread and it's inspiring and motivating. CONGRATS on your progress! I can't wait for your next update. :)

I just went and collected every single "bill" I tossed aside at some point (but saved for some reason) and am going to wade through the paper that accompanies the items in my CR. Never thought I'd spend a Friday night doing this... ;-)

Thank you so much for the kind words :D

I hope to have an update soon. I sent a GW letter to Honda Finance VP to see if they would remove some lates from last year. I've heard that it typically doesn't happen with HF, but I tried. I didn't use a form letter I wrote it straight from the heart, short, and to the point. I'm kinda at a stand still with a few other things because I really want to understand all the laws, and have a handle on the dates, SOL, is this CA assigned to it or owns it etc before I start sending on DV letters. Right now I'm actually enjoying just paying down my credit cards and obtaining new positive tradelines.

I didn't use a form letter I wrote it straight from the heart, short, and to the point. I'm kinda at a stand still with a few other things because I really want to understand all the laws, and have a handle on the dates, SOL, is this CA assigned to it or owns it etc before I start sending on DV letters. Right now I'm actually enjoying just paying down my credit cards and obtaining new positive tradelines.

Sounds like you are doing very good! Isn't it fun paying them down? :)

Right now I'm actually enjoying just paying down my credit cards and obtaining new positive tradelines.

Awesome!!

You will find that after you got enough TL's, you will want to slow down on getting new TLs for awhile and let the ones you got age until you reach a point you can get better limits. This will show responsible credit use.

Aside from that, you look like you're doing right....keep it up. You will find that the light really is at the end of the tunnel. :D

Awesome!! ......

Thanks AA,

I'm pretty much done with the new stuff for now. I want a BofA secured card and then I really don't need anything else for a while. I have my

Capital One - 5 years old

Compass Inspire MC (HSBC) - 1.5 year old

CJ-New

Target-New

Household-New

I'll just let those grow and see what happens. Hopefully one day I'll be in the league with the 4 digit card holders ;-) I'm so excited to see where I am a year from now.

Soooo

Just as I figured they would, AHF declined my request to remove my late pay history. I had a voicemail from a lady in the corporate office in my inbox at work and when I called her she gave me the disappointing new.

But....

She did say that she had someone in "reporting" look over the late pay history and it turns out that it is being reported incorrectly. ( The reporting is somewhat off between the 3 bureaus with an extra 30 day here and there. I was almost positive that I was only late Oct, Nov, and Dec 07 because that is when I went through my "rough patch" See my thread about the lates here ) So anyway they agreed that the months I quoted were correct and they were mailing notices to all 3 bureaus to have it corrected. They also agreed to send me a copy of the letter along with a printout of my account history.

The lesson is:

If you have the slightest idea that something is wrong on your report. Dispute it with the CRA and then with the OC. AHF had previously "verified" these lates with the CRA when I disputed the dates earlier this year. That still didn't sit well with me. Even though in my thread someone mentioned that each CRA reports differently so it was probably just the way they calculated lates. Not sure if it will make a huge difference, except that when I spoke to Charles about a mortgage he said I needed to not have any lates in the past 12 months. Once they correct this issue, that 12 month deadline is just 2 months away.

Woke up this morning to an email from Experian letting me know that my online dispute investigation was complete (I had forgotten about that one :oops:)

Well, it was a pleasant reminder because when I popped it open expecting to see the usual "verified" I noticed that I had a nice little "deleted" message along side a $744 utility baddie which was so inaccurate it wasn't even funny!

Now I need to post/search a thread to find out if I can attach the results of that investigation to my dispute letter to Equifax (the only other report it appears on) as back up??

:PartyTime:

Yay! Don't you love it? :BigDance::twothumbsup:

I would attach it. Don't know if it would help, but anything is possible!

Good luck! :)

THANKS D!

I mailed the dispute to Eq yesterday with the Ex results attached. We shall see....

You have us all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next good news!::rockon::

You are doing an awsome job!

Congratulations on your CLI !!

We are all excited for you - keep us posted this thread is awesome!

Boy I LOVE rebuilding credit. I almost feel high at this moment.

I decided to pull my ficos today and realized they had gone up so I applied for the Kays card.

APPROVED $1500!!!!!

Jareds here I come....

Boy talk about raining on my parade. I got home today to see that I had a certified letter. The mail man didn't notice me walk up and it was sitting on his stack of mail and I almost just walked away. Then I thought about all the work I had done and remembered that ignoring certain situations is what got me into this mess so I signed for my letter.

Turns out...I'm being sued in Louisiana for a bill with an Oral Surgeon. Gonna post a question in the "Lawyer" forum after I call them in the morning, but I'm thinking of just talking the $470 out of my ING direct account and just sending them a money order.

:trainwreck:

Well I called the Collection/Attorneys Office that is suing me and they didn't answer the phone all day. The have a service that answers and says that you have to leave your name number and a message and someone will call you back (ha ha that's a good way to get someones contact info) So I'm just going to write a letter along with my "answer" and ask if they would be willing to settle. for the amount of the debt plus the cost to file the suit.

On a better note, I got a Macy's card today. Really didn't want to but I had to buy a dress for a Christmas party and found one that I liked but couldn't convince myself to pay the amount they wanted. Found out I would get 20% off and I could use a coupon for 15 off if I applied so I did.

Yeah I guess their trying to get you before it expires. I'm sorry it rained on your parade! You don't let it get you off track though, you've been doing so well!

I'm so stressed that they aren't going to accept my settlement and force me into a judgment and probably double what I owe now. The letter reads..

"Plaintiff avers that reasonable attorney fees are 25% or $400 whichever is greater..." That's almost the amount of the debt!

I transferred $470 (total due) + $65 (filing fees) - $20 (reissue citation fee) from my ING account and I'm just going to write them a letter asking them to send me a total amount that would be accepted to settle out of court. I think I still have to send my "answer" in to the courts within 10 days though.

Q: Will the Judgment appear differently on my credit?

Hey I know nothing about judgements except that they stick to your report for a good while.

Try posting anther thread just about this problem so more people will see it!!!

I haven't posted in forever!!!!

My progress hasn't changed much so that is probably why I haven't posted in a while. The only reason I'm actually posting now is because I'm so frustrated right now.

I have 8 Credit/Store Card Accounts all paid as agreed zero lates. Oldest is Capital One at 6 years and the Newest is Macy's at 4 months. My Honda Finance account has some lates that I am disputing because they popped up out of no where in February. My last 30day late should have been in Dec 07, but now it's showing July of last year. So unless they fix that, I will not be 12 months "late-free" until July. I have 18K in student loans paid as agreed with one private for 2K charged off in 2002 showing only on Experian. Granted I do still have a few collections but all but 2 are over 2 years old with the oldest being 5 years old.

However (Sign) I still feel like I'm fighting to prove myself. I screwed up, big time. I made some bad choices when I thought I didn't have any other choice but for gods sake, how long do I have to suffer. Sure I can go get a $300 macy's card or a $1000 jewelry store card, but what about the things that matter. What about a home to raise my kids in. It doesn't matter that I've been on the same job, getting steady increases in pay for the last 3 years. It doesn't matter that I currently pay my rent (which is more than most peoples mortgages) on time every month with ZERO problem and have for the past 3 years that I've lived here. I understand you have to be held accountable for your mistakes, but at some point when do they stop looking at the fico system and start looking at the person. At what person do you look away from the number itself and examine what is on paper in front of you.

My fico score is frozen in time for some reason and I couldn't get a home or prime card to save my life. I've been up and down on this rollercoaster and I guess today just isn't a good day. I, like a fool, applied for the SeaMiles card today. I really want to get rid of some of my crap cards (Cap One, Household, Compass) and get a real card with real rewards and of course no go. I looked at my bank statement for last month and I spent $2300 on my chase debit card last month between gas, bills, daycare, shopping online, and everything else, I could have gotten 1, 3, or even 10 percent cash back with the Chase Freedom card soooo I applied DENIED! Another blow!

This really sucks...Lesson: No matter what you have to do, don't let your credit go down the toilet! Talk to your creditors, make at least the minimum even if you only see the balance drop a few dollars every month. I don't know if that message is too late for most readers, but I'm saying it anyway! You never know who is reading. It makes me want to scream :twisted: (I know, I'm still rambling) but the lesson is don't ever just let your credit go. It is the easiest thing to lose and the hardest to get back.

I feel a little bit better now, can't really write all this personal stuff on my blog. Don't need everyone I know to know how big I screwed up :lol:

I'm still upset, but how mad can you really be when you brought it on yourself.:confused:

Edited by swtprncess281

swt p - your progress has been amazing! Don't give up the battle.

Everyone has set backs and your success depends on how you handle them. I have confidence that you will conquer any obstacles that stand in your way and I'm on the sideline cheering you on.

Thanks for all the kind words!! I think I just needed to vent. I want a house so bad, and while I can't imagine why I couldn't get one, I guess I should let it happen when it happens. It's just so annoying to see all the great deals right now on homes right now, on top of the 8K tax credit and I can't do ANYTHING. Have the down payment money, I can afford the monthly payment, and no go because of that stupid score. ( I found a foreclosure, 4br/2ba, 2K sq ft. in pristine condition for 95K:shock:)

I'm paying everything on time (probably could do a little better with utilization), but for the most part I'm doing really good. Don't think there is much else I can't do for now....just wait xdancex

Ok,

Thank you so much for all your kind word during my earlier rant, but it seems that every time I think I've hit rock bottom, and come here to fuss about it, something great happens and reminds me NEVER to quit!

Not sure if I've gone over my Sallie Mae issues, but I had a private loan go into default in 2002. Long story short, I had no idea that the trade school I attended had a private loan mixed in with all my others. I even disputed it a while back, a few times, because my other Sallie Mae loan is paid religiously on time and it in good status on my credit. I've recently requested all the paperwork from school and can't find anything explaining that the loans are different. I was told that I would have federal loans, and then have to pay a small portion directly to the school via money order each month. Remington College said that this $50 per month was required so that all students had a vested interest in their education :ROFLMAO2:. I found out through all my research after trying to get a home loan that this was actually going to pay my private loan while I was in school. After I graduated, I consolidated and deferred my loan and thought I was fine....not so much. After a ton of research, I'm finding that this happened A LOT at this school and other "get a degree in 18 mth schools!

Well I pulled TrueCredit and FINALLY it is GONE. Experian has finally deleted it. Not sure if it was timing, or my last ditch effort to dispute it months ago, but it is gone. The only loan reporting in the one I pay every month, and all the small individual ones I had prior to consolidating. I still plan to settle it with them (NCO) because from what I hear they can still sue me at anytime because it's federal. Nevertheless I am so happy. Last I talked to Charles, who has since disappeared, The only thing really stopping me from getting the house was the Sallie Mae and having no 30 day lates within 12mths. Well I'm still working on getting Honda to fix the issue with my car note, but even if I don't get that straight, July will be the 12 mth mark. I am now on a mission to get all my credit cards paid, and save up that 3.5% FHA down payment by August.