swtprncess281

Swtprncess-Tracking my progress

Your story has been great!! I hope you will keep writing.

I am now on a mission to get all my credit cards paid, and save up that 3.5% FHA down payment by August.

Hell yeah girl! You can do it! :twothumbsup:

Hell yeah girl! You can do it! :twothumbsup:

Thanks Ma'am..

Well as much as I love my '07 Honda Accord, I'm 5'11, my 3 yr old is about 3'0, my 11 yr old is 5'6, and daddy is 6'3 we have ZERO room in my car. Add in the boys playing sports and we are desperate for an SUV. Of course I start thinking of credit, credit, and more credit...here we go. Went to Capital One and approved for Blank check up to 24K with an APR range of 14.65 - 19.40% YUCK!! :twisted:

My fiancee is a car sales manager and his friend in Finance at Honda worked for about 8 hours to get me at the 7.6% I have now and my credit was 100x's worse then. I wanted to do this one on my own so this is what I got. We found the car I wanted (Black '06 Cadillac SRX fully loaded) and it was at another friends dealership, got him to give it to us for $18,100 plus the 2,600 negative equity on the Honda and what do you get??? A total that doesn't fit into Capital One's stupid 105% LTV limits (Loan to value). The rate was ridiculous anyway so I decided (reluctantly) to allow our friend to have his finance people work their magic and see what they could do. I got approved for 13% with 750 down through Chase :mrgreen: which is actually an improvement for me because they declined ME when I applied Online a few days earlier.

I've decided now (if I have to put money down) I might as well get exactly what I want. A '07 model Black w/Black leather!!! xbeer2) We have a friend with access to Manheim auctions so I have to wait for them to find it and then our friend at Cadillac who has my approval will buy it. Luckily my car note will be the same as the one for the Honda and I'm hoping I can just refinance with Chase in a year or so for a lower rate.

032268.1-lg.jpg

Well I haven't updated in a while and this was suppose to be for me to track my status. Here goes...

Well I got the SUV and loan through Chase. My car note is actually less with this car...interesting.

I'm in the process of looking for a house now. Looking at the homes that qualify for the HUD $100 down payment program which is pretty cool. I have some cards I need to pay down, but other than that, nothing is really holding me back from Home ownership which is something I've wanted to say for a long long time.

...going to be a home owner. Put earnest money down and signed a contract to begin construction on my home. Been a long time coming.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!

Edited by swtprncess281

swtprncess281, where in Texas are you getting your house built?

I just bought a house in Murphy, TX in July, so I was just curious.

Southwest Houston

Got a letter today saying that due to the holidays Jared's has decided to raise my limit $600! I'm guessing Kay's will follow suit.

I'm surprised since both have had a zero balance for several months. Oh well, I hope it helps the utilization!

Congratulations with everything! I have been reading your post for a while and I am so excited that you are finally able to get your new house!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!

Just got the email from my lender that Underwriting said my file looks GREAT! All I needed to provide was a 12 month proof of child support payments (which I promptly forwarded right after reading the email) and I should be cleared to close on Nov. 25.

My mid score is 2 points off from 620 so I am doing an FHA loan. If I get to 620 before my closing then they will convert it to USDA and I can close with zero down payment. After the builder puts in their portion, I would only have to go to closing with $200!!!! Come on 620 come on!!!!! Since they appear to be extending the tax credit and my builder is 100% behind me, I may wait it out until I get the 2 points. I'm just so anxious to get into the house now. I'm anxious, but $200 vs $5400 is a BIG DEAL :-)

Wow! What a nice home! Congratulations...you are almost there. xdancex

Let us know the minute you close so we can share some champane and best wishes with you. ::rockon::

Wow! What a nice home! Congratulations...you are almost there. xdancex

Let us know the minute you close so we can share some champane and best wishes with you. ::rockon::

YES...Almost there! I may just layout on the lawn and cry when this is all over with.

I will post as soon as the papers are signed and the keys are in my hand!

Meet with the builder today to check on the things that I thought needed to be addressed during the walk through. Everything looked good so the house if officially finished!!!

Lender emailed me to say that underwriting approved the loan with one condition. I had a large deposit from my retirement to my checking account. They needed the paper trail for that. I emailed it to her immediately and she said if I didn't hear back from her then everything was fine and my file would be off to USDA today. She said in her experience it's been taking up to 5 days to get the approval back from them. Of course I had to ask if they had ever had a file come back denied from USDA after it was approved by them and she said "None that I have seen since I've been here." I asked her if she was confident enough that I could finally put notice in at my apartment and she said "Yes" Looks like it's a done deal and I'll be posting just as soon as I have those keys.

Closing is scheduled for the 29th, but of course that all depends on USDA.

That's great to hear, good for you!

If they've given you a closing date of the 29th, you should expect to close on that day. Although, it may get pushed back over the course of the day. My closing was scheduled for 11am but due to a few last minute paperwork issues, my wife and I didn't get done until 6 pm. So expect some last minute things to suddenly pop-up; it can be (unfortunately) part of the process!

Most importantly.......Remember to enjoy your new home!

Closed on my home this morning. Can't type because I'm so emotional, STILL, but I really wanted all you guys to know! You have been such an encouraging part of my life for the last year that I had to share this with you.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

:BigDance:::drinky:: Time to celebrate! Congratulations on your long and successful journey to your new home! Yeaaaaa!

Congratulations your progress and information has been very enligten to those of us in progress keep up the good work and many continue blessing to you 8]

Just read your post about closing on your house! I have enjoyed reading about your success and it gives me hope that next year by this time I might be doing the same thing. :rolleyes:

It has been forever since I posted! I have a question, but since I'm here I'll give a quick update. Everything with the home if great. A year later and I still wake up at night while my boys are asleep and walk around thinking "I can't believe this is all mine." I actually still get emotional. I will say that I knew exactly how much I wanted my mortgage to be based on the previous rent I had been paying and what I was sure I could afford. I did not however plan for all the other expenses. I didn't think of lawn care, pest control, and all the other little utilities that you don't have to worry about in an apartment. Those things including the little stuff you realize you need (or just want). Trips to home depot and lowes for little things here and there. For example, my property came with Sod. I didn't realize that you had to fertilize and protect from disease and bugs. I had a case of brown patch that cost me a future in trial and error products until I found a company to take care of the lawn. It was much cheaper then letting it die and having to re-sod, but it wasn't something I planned for. It took a few months to get adjusted and honestly for a while I felt like I was back to living pay check to pay check.

I'm saying all this to say BE PREPARED. Save, Save, and Save some more :-) I slipped slightly back into a little credit card debt a few months after I closed because I started trying to get everything I needed instead of waiting and saving. I had all this available credit since I paid things off in the process of buying the house. I realize now that I'll be in the house for a LONG time. I have plenty of time to get it decorated and furnished the way I want. I'm working to pay those cards back down and will be paying them off this tax season. Which brings me to my question...

I may have to post this somewhere else although I'm not sure where. I've always done my own taxes online with no problem. I'm guessing I should hire someone this year since I have no clue what documents I need. I've been told that buying a house would significantly help me get more back since I should itemize, but what do I need? This is my preliminary list. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something:

• Interest paid on my student loans
    Money I paid for school last semester. I'm a student again..YAY:neutral:
    Medical, Prescription expenses
    Property Tax Information
    Interest on Mortgage
    Charity receipts
    Child Care Expenses

That's all I can thing of.

Hope everyone is doing ok in your jury. I may be back posting again soon since I still some baddies that I want to try and tackle again now that I have the house.