duplicated student loans

sammy_diaz

What do you mean by duplicated?

Typically, student loans will be reported by the original lender as well as the guarantor (e.g., Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae). If the loan is ever sold, a second lender will pop up.

I mean that SALLIE MAE has reported the same exact account with the same account no with the same amount of late payments twice on my report.

I think I understand what you mean in re: to Duplication. That has happened to me. Originally I had BRAZOS as the company that I paid each month. However, somehow they sold the loan or transferred to another one of their INNER circle of friends. Then I was sent a letter informing me to pay Educational Funding Service. Well last year November sometime they TRANSFERRED my loan to AES. So in June I pulled my credit and low and behold I had on my credit report

2 brand new student loans with AES

and the SAME 2 old loans with EFS.

I disputed so the CRA said, "These are your loans." Basically nothing changed. So then I disputed the totals. Then the CRA actually noted the 2 TRANSFERRED loans as being TRANSFERRED with ZERO balances

Then I finally got them to update the AES loans. I called and found out that AES, BRAZOS, Bank of AMERICA they all basically are in the same pot with my loan. HOwever, AES is supposed to be the one who updates the info and etc but BRAZOS is the guarantor or the loan.

So my new problem is I want to remove the old loans that were sold or transferred because I had them DEFERRED a number of times and they've been on there for over 7 years. I was told that the CRA has to remove.

So my problem is NOW what do I do to try to get them to remove.

I have duplicated student loans on my report. How do I get rid of that?!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with sallie mae...They are reporting 9 loans all PIF but 120 days late, and another collections company has all of my loans reporting for collections for 13500$, which I don't see how cause they have been consolidated by great lakes and are in deferment till next september. I am going to dispute, I think and know that someone is making an error...:)