Cheap way to get fico scores

I am really trying to limit what is coming out of my acct every month so that I can pay down some of my bills. I was looking at the link that shows you what companies you can go with to get your credit report and fico scores. I am don't need to get my credit report because I can get that free whenever I want it but I do want my scores. Does anyone know a way I can get my scores and pay little to nothing for them, thank you? :D

The only place to get meaningful credit scores is at myfico.com. They are not inexpensive. But you can search for current discount codes that will get you 10% - 20% off.

The scores you get with all of those other services are "FAKOs."

There is always a 20% discount code available.

Experian will always cost you 12.76.

Transunion will cost you under 4 bucks one time. Subscribe to TU Quarterly Monitoring monthly basis and cancel before 30 days.

Equifax about the same. Subscribe monthly to EQ Score Watch cancel within 30 days.

If you want Score Watch on an ongoing basis it will cost you a shade under 6 bucks through the Coastal Credit Union link. Just Google Coastal and type in Equifax in the search tab upper right hand side of their home page and follow the links.

20 bucks or so out the door for all 3. Cheap enuf? 8-)

Post#3 is actually spot on... He's talking about TU Quarterly Monitoring offered through Myfico... and likewise for EQ. The $12.76 in reference to EX is the price you pay for an EX report at Myfico (with a discount)

I wouldn't do it the way he suggests b/c if you ever want to sign up for those products later (Quarerly Monitoring, Scorewatch) and use them, you lose your free trial (I think).

Most straightforward way is to find a 20% code and buy all 3 for roughly $40...

Post#3 is actually spot on... He's talking about TU Quarterly Monitoring offered through Myfico... and likewise for EQ. The $12.76 in reference to EX is the price you pay for an EX report at Myfico (with a discount)

I wouldn't do it the way he suggests b/c if you ever want to sign up for those products later (Quarerly Monitoring, Scorewatch) and use them, you lose your free trial (I think).

OP asked for the cheapest way and that's it. :mrgreen: Unless there are changes going on with your credit files it isn't necessary to pull more than a time or two a year. Even then unless you are making a major purchase you are just lining the monster's pockets.

You can still order your TU and EQ scores and reports after blowing off TU Quarterly and EQSW.

It might be possible to order your Equifax FICO score for $ 7.95

I don't know if this direct link will work properly. But buried way way deep in the menus at Equifax's online site is this information in the section called "FCRA -- Your Credit Rights: Key Rights Contained in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)"

To Obtain Your Credit Score

By law, you are entitled to obtain your credit score. There is a fee of $7.95 to obtain your credit score from Equifax Information Services. To request your credit score, please contact:

Equifax Information Services LLC

PO Box 105252

Atlanta, GA 30348

or call 1-877-SCORE-11

If you are in the process of obtaining a mortgage, you may be entitled to free credit score information. Contact the person making or arranging your loan for further information.

That information has been on their website for a few years. But I've never seen anyone comment about ordering this, so I don't know if this gives you a FICO score or FAKO score.

OH OK - sorry if I added any confusion - I misunderstood.

I can attest that you are correct, once you use a free trial and then cancel the service, it's gone for good (at least with EQ). I got the free trial actually thinking I wanted the service. I had a lot of technical problems with it during the trial, so I canceled. Awhile later, I decided to give them another try (but assumed I wouldn't get another 30 days free...and I didn't).

• 3 months later...