Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!

so I finally had my day in court today. Was there because I filed a Motion for Summary Judgement in regards to my counter-claim against the CA who initally sued me last July. After requesting validation after validation and discovery after discovery and receiving nothing but continued collection activies and violations of the FCRA for failing to mark the account as disputed, I amended my answer to include the counter-suit. I then continued to try to obtain discovery and validation but received nothing from the plaintiff. I did receive a Stipulation Dismissal from them in April which i did not sign. After i had enough of the games i filed the motion for summary judgement and had the case placed on the calender which was today. The other party didn't even show up (they had no case as it was) and the judge ordered the Judgement in my favor!!! Yay me!! I need to thank the great people here who i have pressured for answers and argued with over things. You all have been great in your knowledge and support. Now i just have to get the money in my hands.

Now i just have to get the money in my hands.

An attorney once told me that if you win a judgment against a JDB and they don't pay after they are notified of the judgment, you can put a lien against their potential judgments in other cases. I don't know exactly how you go about doing it, but you might want to explore this possibility.

Congrats and good luck.

DH

An attorney once told me that if you win a judgment against a JDB and they don't pay after they are notified of the judgment, you can put a lien against their potential judgments in other cases. I don't know exactly how you go about doing it, but you might want to explore this possibility.

Congrats and good luck.

DH

already working on it. I was told the same thing yesterday as well. Gut level feeling though says to me that they just may pay so this goes away for them.

Hellz Yeah! Congrats man!

For dramatic effect, in the event I ever get awarded a judgment against one of these guys, I would most definitely call up the ole sheriff and start taking stuff out of their offices. It would be worth the trip to whereever, and there would definitely be video camera involved.

Hellz Yeah! Congrats man!

For dramatic effect, in the event I ever get awarded a judgment against one of these guys, I would most definitely call up the ole sheriff and start taking stuff out of their offices. It would be worth the trip to whereever, and there would definitely be video camera involved.

one of the items i thought about putting in the counter claim was that the owner of the JDB had to get down on his hands and knees and kiss my feet while he handed me the check.................but then i thought that might be pushing it a little:notworthy:

Well if they don't pay up timely, you can go in and sieze their computer equipment. Make sure you get their PBX computer. Let them try to collect off someone else when all their records and phone system are gone. :-)

I was told that once the order is filed and they get it that they have 90 days to pay up. xdancex

• 3 weeks later...