7 year old traffic judgement

I have a 7 year old traffic judgement against me for about $10k. I would like to go ahead and settle it but not sure whats the best way to approach the other party. Judgement is in Alabama where the statue of limitations on judgement is 10 years.

since its a old judgement and towards the end of tail end of statue of limitations, what percent of should I pay?

They have no obligation at all to negotiate. It's a penalty for breaking a law so the FDCPA does not apply and it is classified as a tax lien for the purposes of credit reporting...which means it stays on the report until it is paid.

As a matter of fact they can continue to assess interest at the statutory rate until it is paid. Alabama's SoL on a domestic judgment is 20 years, not 10. And the interest rate assessed on the unpaid balance is 12% annually starting 30 days after the judgment was entered.