Donna47129

B*ing working again for me

Which makes me wonder...For those of you who have been on these forums for at least the past year with me, haven't most of your IQ's hit the 1-year age mark where they no longer affect your score?

I don't notice much of a change at that one year mark, myself! But my scores have fluctuated a lot due to many factors in the past 8 months or so. I can see a daily change when a b. occurs, but I have never been able to discern that trend you're referring to.......but that's definitely not to say it doesn't exist. In fact, I think the CRAs openly tell you that inqs only impact scores for a year even though they're reported for two.

I don't notice much of a change at that one year mark, myself! But my scores have fluctuated a lot due to many factors in the past 8 months or so. I can see a daily change when a b. occurs, but I have never been able to discern that trend you're referring to.......

There is ongoing consensus that after a full year, that INQ would not affect your score much. I could never notice it because of when the various INQs happened pre-credit repair. Post-Credit Repair, because I was able to get rid of the bad INQs, I am only able to find out about Macys and then the others after that.

Inqs older than one year fall off on their own...unless the person doing the pulling asks for the "Employer's report" (yet another variation on the theme) which shows inqs for 2 years (by law).

Still nothing for me. But I've only been pulling Chase ID for about a week and Credit Karma for about three. (But I was pulling CK and TC together until I left TC and went to Chase).

Something has to be said for the psychological merit of waging a guerilla war, as opposed to a gorilla war, against the CRAs with *b*, even if the INQs are older than 3 months.
Just in case I'm the gorrilla in question, note...

I'm not trying to prevent anyone from getting over on the CRAs...

I'm pointing out that they're getting over on us. The law says inquires stay for 1 or 2 years. Their web sites say they are not intended to follow the law. They take your money. Who's winning?

well i got back on TC after 3 months from being banned. lol.

and bumping is working for me again, but some days 2 are bumping off at a time?

then some days none

and not seeing eq bump

when i got my boscovs CLI the other day they offered me credit karma 3 in 1 unlimited reports ect on the phone for 1 dollar a month for the first 6 months. then after that 9.95 a month and i can cancel anytime..ect.. and i remembered u guys on here talking about credit karma so i accepted and waiting for my info pack to come in the mail to start pulling hopefully ill see faster b with that

I joined creditkarma and they are saying my score is a 499? when EX gave me one of 529. What and how do they come up with my score? :confused: Also their is a Cap 1 Visa on there for people with bad credit...but when I was thinking of applying it said "for average credit", so I did not apply. What does your score need to be at for a card like that one?

I just joined credit karma after seeing my favorite price (thanks Donna). Uses the same scoring system as TC, I guess, as both say I have 628. I am also in between fair and poor according to both.

Well this is going to be interesting, as I got two pullers, one free. If I have to dump tc to get chase again, I will for le bumpage. I so miss having zero TU inqs..... *sniff-sniff*, now I'm battling for 5-6 INQs....ehhh, better than 24 though, I suppose.

From what I've read, Crap 1 is likely to give you a card with a 539 score (assuming you haven't filed BK in the last 7 years). It will have a $300 limit and a low "teaser" interest rate. If you use the card, and carry a balance, then after several months they'll offer you another $300 limit card.

What they're betting on is that you'll stumble somewhere (maybe with someone else's card) so that they can rate jack you....or...you'll go over their $300 limit and they can rate jack you AND hit you with over limit fees.

See my thread here:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289992

I now have a split TU file (with no baddies and a very moderate number of accounts) and extended FAs (placed by TU) on all three reports thanks to daily pulling at Credit Karma and Chase!!!!!! :evil: The split is due to the number of soft inqs.

See my thread here:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289992

I now have a split TU file (with no baddies and a very moderate number of accounts) and extended FAs (placed by TU) on all three reports thanks to daily pulling at Credit Karma and Chase!!!!!! :evil: The split is due to the number of soft inqs.

I didn't know that would happen...Is this a real bad thing Leslie? I just joined credit Karma and have been pulling daily now for only about 4 days.

TU bumping has been working again for me too with PM123 and NCIP, but it looks like the 3 that got bumped came back again today (from 11 to 8 back to 11). It is at best cyclical now.

Folks...once again..its a "timing" issue. Each person that access a web site is allocated a slice of time for the server to go gather all the peices of the page they've requested...including to go out to the data base and fetch the records required to fill in that page. When your time slice is up, whatever the server has collected is sent out to you. How big that time slice is...microseconds, milliseconds, or full seconds depends on how many other people are banging away at that same server. Sometimes you get everthing, sometimes you don't. Clever web sites are designed to build the top and bottom of a page first...and then fill in the middle. That way it looks like you've got a full page when in fact some of the middle is missing.

We tend to think of the internet as the same thing as going to the library. You check out a book, you get the whole book. It don't work that way. They BUILD the book each time somebody requests it...sometimes they don't have time to build the whole book, but they'll send you what they've got.

Just to confuse it even more...sometimes the "cache" whole pages on the server's disks. They don't have to rebuild it...they've already got a copy of it...so they send you that. That means for several days in a row, you might see the same page over and over again. Your browser also "caches pages. It puts a date and time stamp on it. The first question the browser asks the server is what's the latest date and time you have for this page? If the date and times match, the browser just shows you what it already has on YOUR machines hard disk.

Don't stress over appearing and disappearing inquiries. They're the least important and therefore the last thing to be filled in. You can't rely on what the web site shows you...their terms and conditions specifically say that.

I saw your argument and found it impressive and likely true. It also explains why disappeared inquiries eventually come back as the info must still be there somewhere.

The thing is though, that all internet connections are several thousand times faster than the bottleneck of the server itself, and since that is the limiting factor, there appears to be a great deal of consistency in what we see verses the corporate pulls. I will say that there has always been perfect consistency between the various pull sites, myfico, scorepower, and the scores that are generated.

By whatever method it doesn't work in theory, it provably works very well in practice. At this point, it is a gambling game where you have to guess where your inquiry low is, and strike with apps just before you speculate they will come back. It will work when it works, and won't when it doesn't.

Either way, I don't think it is alone enough reason to pay for the services at this point. You have to love it a little to derive utility from the info.

The thing is though, that all internet connections are several thousand times faster than the bottleneck of the server itself, and since that is the limiting factor......At this point, it is a gambling game where you have to guess where your inquiry low is, and strike with apps just before you speculate they will come back.
No...not at all. Internet connections...when no one else is using that particular pipe...run at millions of bits per second. Servers run at billions of bits per second. That's why one server can support 10's of thousands of users. The speed of the internet connection has nothing to do with what I said. Its the work load on the server that matters.

And, since this all happens in "real time", there's no way to say "well, today, my inquiry count was low, so I'll apply for something and they'll see fewer inquiries". It changes from one millisecond to the next. Besides, I would bet that the creditors contracts with the CRAs do state that they get full and complete reports even over the internet (there are server settings that allow a "conversation" to take as long as it needs to build its reponse).

I'm just referring to the reasonable portion of processing power allocated to any one particular user, verses the capabilities of the connection of the same user. You can have a 5mb/s connection but you're not surfing at anywhere near those speeds unless a prolonged download has had a chance to ramp up and apply increasing numbers of threads. It is sufficiently complicated for discussion.

You are in sort of an unfortunate position where, across all the users of the major sites, you are either the only one right or the only one wrong. I'm enough of a skeptic to appreciate the room you have to move, but it is further complicated by the fact that you're also the only one not using the services, and those that are have necessarily also experienced your position of not having the services and can attest to each circumstance. The only thing that is really clear is that you are one of the only ones not benefitting in any way from the perceived advantages, which if even not completely true are still achieving results predictably even if the mechanism cannot be fully articulated.

At minimum I would encourage you to try a service or two for a couple of months and reassess for yourself, no matter how silly you may feel doing it given your current position.

I do realize that in all the land, I'm one of the few who is watching the parade and shouting "but the emporor is naked!". It would help if I were legally permitted to divulge that I wrote the code that runs several of those services with the express intent of generating a "perceived advantage", but, legally, I can't claim authorship.

In the mean time, I have other silly things to spend my money on.