Strange entry on credit report.

dee723

HI everyone,

I am hoping someone can help with this. There is an entry on my Experian report: RNB-Fields3, it isn't shown as a negative report but says status is closed/transferred-purchased by another lender. The status details say this account is scheduled to continue on record until July 2014. Can anyone decipher this? If it was last reported 7/2004 shouldn't it fall off in 7 years? I don't get the whole 2014 date. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Dee

I didn't google it...

I never had a Marshall Fields account. I am really confused about the length of the date it will be reported and the fact that there is no info on who the account was transferred to. I am going to dispute it with Experian even though it is listed under Accounts in good standing. Thanks for the reply!

I didn't google it...

I never had a Marshall Fields account. I am really confused about the length of the date it will be reported and the fact that there is no info on who the account was transferred to. I am going to dispute it with Experian even though it is listed under Accounts in good standing. Thanks for the reply!

Why do you want to do that? If it is not negative, it is not hurting you? You run the risk or waking a sleeping giant.

I too have one listed like that. At this point, it is not negative, and attempts to remove it may cause more problems.

I guess it's not hurting me but it is listed twice. I am looking to get a new vehicle in about 2 months and just want to make sure my report is accurate. Whoever "owns" the account is not listing it with any of the bureaus and I'm a little curious about who owns it. Thanks for the reply!